Honored Contributor

I was so excited this morning when I looked out my window and saw a bluebird sitting on the nest box that I just set up two days ago.  I watched and he went inside the nest box before leaving.  I'm hoping they'll choose that box!

I also set up a mealworm feeder at the same time.  My dried mealworms arrived this morning, and I put them in the mealworm feeder.  It doesn't look like any of them have been eaten.  It's right outside my bedroom window, so I don't see it all the time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I hope a family moves in. I've not had luck in the past couple years but I see them in the neighborhood. Just got back from buying some mealworm cakes to put up near the house to try and entice some tenants. Good luck, it's so much fun watching them build a nest in the box, then raise their family.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Yay! Exciting fun to come!

Our first bluebird couple have moved in and are sitting on 5 eggs!Heart

We usually get 15 babies per year!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bluebird House & Feeder

[ Edited ]

My Husband   said  all our  bluebird boxes  are occupied with bluebirds  ready for the next generation. Our area is mild so the bluebirds remain in our boxes all year.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NickNack 

Yay! Exciting fun to come!

Our first bluebird couple have moved in and are sitting on 5 eggs!Heart

We usually get 15 babies per year!

@KingstonsMom   Wow!  So they have nests three times a season?  I've always only had two.  I know it's much warmer where you live though.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

This has brought a smile to my face (sure need it with everything going on here with Teaspoon).  I'm so happy everyone is participating...the bluebirds were endangered at one point.  @NickNack , that's amazing the male is already checking out the box, so fast!   He'll flirt with the female to mate with her, and then she'll build the nest.  Seems like you picked a good spot...now have fun and watch when you can.🙂.   Keep us posted. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

This has brought a smile to my face (sure need it with everything going on here with Teaspoon).  I'm so happy everyone is participating...the bluebirds were endangered at one point.  @NickNack , that's amazing the male is already checking out the box, so fast!   He'll flirt with the female to mate with her, and then she'll build the nest.  Seems like you picked a good spot...now have fun and watch when you can.🙂.   Keep us posted. 

@Dazlin   I'm thinking about you and praying for you and Teaspoon.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack , means ALOT to me...God Bless you💖

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack - I am a bit envious!  I put up a house too and all of the right bluebird food and I thought I was making progress when I saw a bluebird going in and out of the house.  But, alas, no nest...We do have lots of bluebirds in the neighborhood so I can enjoy their beauty!

Esteemed Contributor

Once the bluebirds find your dried mealworms they'll stick around (mealworms are actually beetle larvae!). We had seen a few bluebirds over the past years, but it wasn't until I ordered the mealworms and put them out every day that we started getting "permanent" residents! I hope you see one of them move into your nesting box!

BTW - I've found that the little wrens and chickadees also love the dried mealworms!