Esteemed Contributor

How pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

08C6CCCA-E6B2-497F-B394-5684CF76F96D.jpeg

I do enjoy the azaleas!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I have six of them surrounding a dogwood tree.  They are not in bloom yet. Mine are all a fuchsia color.  They were planted 32 years ago.

The Azaleas in the picture posted are beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@wilma ...those azaleas are beautiful.  I have several bushes in the front yard in colors of purple, white, red and a coral color.

The white ones always seem to turn first and actually go from white to a yellow color before they stop showing their beautiful color.  They are doing it now. 

They are beautiful, and wish they would stay in bloom longer than they do.

Respected Contributor

I really like azalea bushes, but I have never had to cover mine.  I have purple, pink and white that are over 30 years old. They survive frigid winters, snowstorms, and so forth.

All of my bulbs have bloomed so far and my peonies are just starting to come up.

It is still cool here in Philly, so the azaleas will bloom a little later.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wilma    Yours are beautiful.  Unfortunately they'd never grown in the alkaline soil we have in my area or the cold.  I tuned in to the Master's Golf Tournament last weekend just to see the Azeleas.  That's one gorgeous golf course. 

@Kachina624 .....I live about 15 minutes away from the Augusta National Golf Club and have tickets every year (since 1975).  We went this year, but very few patrons due to the circumstances.  Traffic was almost non-existent compared to what it normally is and that was a good thing.  However, it was still fun and beautiful as usual. 

Come down to Augusta one year....if you think it's beautiful on TV, you will be even more impressed in person.  It's the most beautiful golf course in the world, IMO.  If you ever do get to go, don't forget to get their famous pimento cheese sandwich or their egg salad sandwich....yum, yum.

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay    I have to agree that Augusta is probably the world's loveliest golf course.  I love the way they put microphones in the trees so you can clearly hear the birds on TV.  Would love to visit sometime. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@wilma , gorgeous.  Thanks everyone for posting.  Mine are yet to come but such a lovely show of colour.  S

Honored Contributor

@wilma   Here are some of my Encore azaleas that are blooming now and will bloom again, and almost at the end.  There are many more that will bloom later on, and some finished a week ago so no pictures of them.

DSCF0374.JPGDSCF0379.JPGDSCF0383.JPGDSCF0381.JPG

Honored Contributor

@wilma   DSCF0375.JPGDSCF0378.JPGDSCF0376.JPG