Honored Contributor

Re: Battery powered lawn vacuum?

@mom2four0418 , the issue is not so much the mowing but when he trims...sorry if I was not clear....the mowing does leave a mess but I think most of it is from trimming around the sidewalk and flower beds.

Honored Contributor

DH just needs to blow the grass is a different direction.  I only need to use my blower if the grass is long.  Maybe he needs to mow more often or the mower deck is set too low?

The easiest option for picking up grass is having a bagger on the mower or even having a mulching mower.  

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean -- I hate that also.  DH's riding mowing used to have a thing attached to it that would catch all the grass cuttings and then you would empty it out, but it wore out.  Now he mows and grass cuttings get thrown every where.  I have a blower thing but it is heavy and tedious.  I love summer but hate the work!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Grass clippings should be left on the lawn so when they disintegrate, they keep feeding the lawn.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom ...the issue is not grass in the yard....he seems to get clippings everywhere, in my flower beds, around the stones near our pond, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I understand. It’s a shame the clippings don’t lay where the grass is.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs , the short answer is you have to convince your DH not to clip or trim into the beds.  I do the trimming here and it can be done.  DH mows the grass blowing away from the beds as I give me he11 if he doesn’t😲. I realize that some DHs are easier to train than other.  Good luck!  LM

Respected Contributor

Yes. The Worx brand is great.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom ...I have been trying to retrain him....lately it has been hit or miss.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Mom2Dogs I understand. It’s a shame the clippings don’t lay where the grass is.

Clippings will lay on the grass if a mulching blade is used.