Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

My story is similar

I now use an electric mower.

@gardenman wrote:

I bought a Black and Decker one maybe fifteen to twenty years ago. It was amazing. For two years. Then the batteries started to fade. I'd paid $369 for the mower new. B&D sold their battery inventory to Dewalt and replacing the batteries was something like $200 each (it uses two) and then $50 each for shipping and handling. To keep using my $369 mower would have cost me $500 (plus tax.) Suffice to say I went to a plug-in electric mower ($149) instead. That replacement battery issue can get really annoying. I loved being cordless, but the prospect of spending $500 every two years on new batteries converted me back to a corded mower.

Yeah, it was great when it worked, but I find spending $500 every two years for batteries a tick impractical. The cord is a nuisance, but manageable and a lot less expensive.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I also have a battery operated mower. I think the brand is Kobalt. I love it. My yard also is quite small and I think the battery last 40-45 min but that is plenty of time to get my yard mowed. It is so nice to push a button and it starts right up and so quiet and very light weight.

cookin

Trusted Contributor

I just purchased an EGO brand self propelled battery lawnmower and am super pleased with it.  My yard is just too big for a corded mower.  I can set the walking pace on the mower so I don't feel like it's getting away from me.  I loathe mowing but this mower makes it *almost* a pleasure...well, I don't dread it as much as I did before.

Honored Contributor

We did. We have three backup batteries 40 volt.  We always go through  two...three if the grass is really long or damp. Batteries only take 30 minutes to recharge.  So much quieter! We are loving switching  from smelly messy gas.

HI....My Kobalt 40V isn't awful. I can overcome my .25 section of land property (in fact with a fair lush region I don't cut) on the standard battery. In the event that I let it develop excessively long, I need to likewise utilize the more modest battery that accompanied the string trimmer.

It's decent not wearing ear insurance to trim the grass. Nonetheless, I don't think I'd go for an electric cutter, except if I additionally planned to utilize different apparatuses in a similar environment. Additional batteries appear to be overrated contrasted with when they are incorporated with different devices.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

We did. We have three backup batteries 40 volt.  We always go through  two...three if the grass is really long or damp. Batteries only take 30 minutes to recharge.  So much quieter! We are loving switching  from smelly messy gas.

@SeaMaiden What brand ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Battery operated mower

[ Edited ]

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden What brand ?

Green Works... ours are 40 volt