Trusted Contributor

@Charlee1022 

I agree with most of what you wrote. 

The presentations and promises usually do not add up to what you actually receive (just read the online reviews and look at the customer pictures for all four major plant companies on here).  I have had good and bad luck with Roberta's and Cottage Farms.  The few things that have made it were actually exceptional.  However, other plants that were received were beyond awful and I was very upset with myself for falling for their sales pitch once again.  I ordered a few of Barbara King's plants about 3 years ago.  They were the worst of the bunch and I promised myself to never order her plant items again.  Her plant reviews are horrendous and with good reason.

I am a HUGE gardener and I have many perennial gardens around my home.  I have ordered plants from QVC not because I was too lazy to go out and get my flowers locally, but because they have very enticing presentations with pretty incredible promises.  They make you think that their quality is the best there is.  They make you believe that you can't find a certain plant anywhere else for such a low price.  Well, I fell for it too; many times.  Last year was the last straw for me.  After receiving several items that just weren't as promised, I went out to local nurseries, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. and found some amazing annuals and perennials.  They were larger and cheaper than anything QVC sells.  I felt foolish for falling for their pitch and promised myself I wouldn't do it again.  I have held true to that this year.  I have only ordered one item from Proven Winners (through Roberta's).  I am not due to receive it until the end of May, but if the other ship dates show negative reviews, I will cancel it.  Not wasting another penny on false claims.

If you are unhappy with your plant purchases, you don't have to return them or pay any kind of shipping fee.  All you have to do is call QVC.  Explain the poor condition of the plants you received and ask for a refund.  They will do it for you.  It's their policy.  Take it as a lesson learned and don't order from them again.

Trusted Contributor

I never order food, electronics, shoes or live plants from Q.  Too risky. Shop local for your plants. The big box stores have a huge selection of beautiful healthy plants, and they offer a full year guarantee. Easy peasy refunds. 

Frequent Contributor
My order from Roberta's this year was terrible. The geraniums look as though they came off the big box sick plant cart. I am not sure the plants will make it. Never again will I place an order or fulfillment from Roberta's.
Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Charlee1022    It's very difficult to read long posts with no paragraphs indicated if your vision is not the best.  I get the gist of it.  All of these plants are guaranteed so if you're not satisfied, call and as for a refund.  Best to buy locally.

So you're an English teacher now? Good grief. I read it easily.

I think @Kachina24 was just pointing out a fact @ellaphant .  She was not acting like the 'forum police/critic' so don't worry.

Valued Contributor

There are software programs that help people with visual impairments to use the computer and be able to "read" better. Sometimes called assistive technology. Iphones have this technology built in and so do newer microsoft machines or you can purchase an add on product. Of course, one has to learn how to use it but there is help for people to learn this. What used to be called "lighthouses for the blind" will help consumers, for example.  

I live with a person with serious visual impairments and they just use technology to their advantage and don't blame others or criticize others for their writing style.  

Valued Contributor

I'm a firm believer in buying locally; the plants grown nearby have already adjusted to your climate, soil conditions, etc. I finally got cured of buying plants, etc., on line because almost none bloomed.

And I, too, am a believer in PARAGRAPHS. That post is pretty much unreadable.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry the OP didn't have experience.  I bought quite a few plants from Q this year.  I support local too but I had a reason:  I live on a Ricky ledge and needed smaller plants. I got, 3 butterfly bushes, set of 4 hardy hibiscus, set of 4 hardy geraniums,1ruby slipper oak leaf hydrangea, set of 4  milkweed, 2 types of thyme for ground cover, and  1 brindabella rose bush, from mainly Robertas and Phillip Watson.  
Maybe I was lucky or kept expectations low, but the only thing that as not great on arrival and doesn't look like it will make it was the milkweed plants-  All the rest are doing ok. Great? No, but ok. So overall, it wasn't bad- But I read that some plant vendors are better than others at Q. 

Trusted Contributor

@Charlee1022 I only ordered one thing this year and it was from Phillip's collection sent by Robertas.  It arrived not secured and you can guess the condition it was in, poor thing.  However, I did contact Robertas and they did send me a new plant, this time secured down and in good condition.

They do not want you to send them the dead plants back so try contacting them because they always say "If you're not happy blah blah blah.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Charlee1022   Just curious Charlee 1022, if you have been gardening for over 30 years why purchase plants from a TV show when there are so many places to get plants like you said big box stores etc? If you are this dissatisfied with the plants call customer service and ask for a refund. 

@50Mickey   I have been gardening that long, if not longer, and I buy most of my garden plants online.  there is much more variety and the prices are less expensive depennding on what company I buy from.  I havn't gone to a garden center since covid appeared, and gardenwise havn't suffered at all, unfortunately for my cc, lol.  I always say I won't buy plants each year, but then I get ideas and need more.