Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Charlee1022    It's very difficult to read long posts with no paragraphs indicated if your vision is not the best.  I get the gist of it.  All of these plants are guaranteed so if you're not satisfied, call and as for a refund.  Best to buy locally.

@Kachina624 

In my past experience of receiving pretty much dead stock that could not be revived (and I have a pretty good green thumb), I was not offered a refund, rather a 'replacement' that would ship to me for the next planting season.

Maybe that's changed now, I don't know, since I don't order live plants from QVC anymore.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Charlee1022    It's very difficult to read long posts with no paragraphs indicated if your vision is not the best.  I get the gist of it.  All of these plants are guaranteed so if you're not satisfied, call and as for a refund.  Best to buy locally.

So you're an English teacher now? Good grief. I read it easily.

@ellaphant 

With all due respect, what @Kachina624 had nothing to do with "being an English teacher", she didn't question grammar, punctuation, etc.

It had everything to do with a big block of text being harder to read as we age/vision issues.

I always make a point of breaking up long texts into paragraphs, to make it easier to read, but that's just me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Fairly good experience with Barbara King, out of three, one died, but Roberta's another story.   

Similar to yours.  Sent 4 weeks early, snow still on the ground.  Plants turned brown the next day and began dying.  No way would I put plants in the ground when it is still frozen.  

Did receive a replacement, but again, the plants began turning brown the next day.  Planted anyway, but they never recovered.

The plants from Roberta's were newborns, just popping up out of the ground for the first time.  Were transferred to another container, then shipped.  Much too young and fragile to transfer to another container and ship.

The bare roots from Cottage Farms had white mold on them.  Again shipped 6 weeks too soon.  They died.  Replacement had white mold on the roots.  Died.  

I've been ordering plants from catalogs and online for years.  Never had this problem.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant 

@Kachina624 has stated here previously, with her vision, she has trouble reading posts like this.

It's nice you can read it easily, but not everyone can.

This is more difficult to read when sentences run together like this in long posts.  Fewer people will read it.  Use paragraphs.  

I also noticed more members are using the default or small size fonts.  I suggest they use a larger font.  3 is what I am using here.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I found it difficult to read as well so I get it.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

In my past experience of receiving pretty much dead stock that could not be revived (and I have a pretty good green thumb), I was not offered a refund, rather a 'replacement' that would ship to me for the next planting season.

Maybe that's changed now, I don't know, since I don't order live plants from QVC anymore.

I have had some good and some bad luck ordering.  When they died within 30 days...I got a full refund from QVC.

After that time, I had to take a replacement for the next year.

There are MANY offerings on Q and from mail order catalogs that are just NOT found in any of the nurseries around me and I have been to TONS of them.

You can find the basics very easily...nothing different or exotic.

Most offer NO guarantee at all...UNLESS they plant them for you.

I had very good luck w/ Philip Watson last year ....

PS  I didn't read past 2 sentences either.  I don't like titles with 'Beware'....

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

@KingstonsMom - I had the same experience with Cottage Farms, despite Philip saying that the customer could get a refund or replacement, "your choice", were his words.

I not only didn't get the refund I requested, I got a two-page-long (really) letter lecturing me on how to take care of my strawberry plants!  It was a really condescending letter and I replied that I have a degree in biology, did plant research for two years straight out of college and I think I know dead and moldy plants, when I receive them, and restated that I wanted a refund, as promised on air.

No reply, but the next year, in came another shipment of dead plants.  I've never ordered another thing from them.  In hindsight, I should've filed a complaint with QVC, but I couldn't be bothered at the time.  Lesson learned.

Super Contributor

Hmm. Look who's calling the kettle....

Valued Contributor

I don’t have good luck with plants from Roberta’s or Barbara king . Poor condition...broken or dead . I’m able to get a refund without any trouble .

I only buy cottage farms plants . They arrive looking healthy. ( only wish they didn’t ship too early, though . Can’t plant right away )

Honored Contributor

@tl98466 wrote:

Hmm. Look who's calling the kettle....

@tl98466 

Image result for nervous cat gif