New Contributor

I ordered several varieties of plants from Roberta's Garden as well as the fertilizer recommended to obtain the optimum growth and blooms as claimed during the sales pitch. I also ordered peonies from Barbara King's show (pathetic). The plants from Roberta’s Garden and Barbara King came delivered yellowed, broken and very weak and extremely small (nothing like what was portrayed on the QVC shows). Although I knew I was ordering plants in 'cups or bare root' the size and condition of the plants were horrendous and certainly not as advertised during the shows. The plants also arrived during the season when frost and snow were still a possibility (Zone 7), we had frost and snow April 9/10. The advertising said the plants would be shipped at the time the plants were ready to install in the ground/container upon arrival - what a crock of junk that was too. I followed the guidelines in the pamphlets even though upon opening the packages, the plants were in very sad shape; one of the peonies was only a stick, no roots and totally unable to plant as directed. After a couple of days in a protected area and watered, the plants were placed gingerly into outdoor container pots hoping what was salvageable would flourish. The plants are slowly withering away or have died! I am heartbroken. The injustice of the false advertising and the cruelty the plants endured before arriving seems 'criminal'. I have gardened for over 30 years and as much as I hate to say this, I have seen BOX store and grocery store plants look better than what I received and paid for from QVC and their vendors. I ordered three different types of Geraniums, Gerber daisies, sun patients, bare root day lilies, butterfly milkweed, just to name a few. Yes, the plants could be sent back I suppose, but that would be shipping costs and I have already spent hundreds of dollars on the pitiful plants, the potting soil, and containers. The expectation to receive extraordinary and unique plants were overshadowed by what just as well have been rubbish. Also, asking for replacements after seeing what condition the plants are in just seems ludicrous.  Why should anyone have to experience the possibility of another shipment of plants be delivered in the same shape or maybe even worse. The prospect of the plants not reaching the full potential due to damage is so sad. Buyer beware!

Honored Contributor

@Charlee1022    It's very difficult to read long posts with no paragraphs indicated if your vision is not the best.  I get the gist of it.  All of these plants are guaranteed so if you're not satisfied, call and as for a refund.  Best to buy locally.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Charlee1022    It's very difficult to read long posts with no paragraphs indicated if your vision is not the best.  I get the gist of it.  All of these plants are guaranteed so if you're not satisfied, call and as for a refund.  Best to buy locally.

So you're an English teacher now? Good grief. I read it easily.

Respected Contributor

@Charlee1022   Just curious Charlee 1022, if you have been gardening for over 30 years why purchase plants from a TV show when there are so many places to get plants like you said big box stores etc? If you are this dissatisfied with the plants call customer service and ask for a refund. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

So you're an English teacher now? Good grief. I read it easily.

@ellaphant   Your response is insensitive, even for you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I couldn't read it either. When I see posts like this all run together, I usually just pass on  by.

Honored Contributor

I didn't bother reading it. I never read huge one paragraph small print posts. Just what's best for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant That remark wasn't needed.  Perhaps your eyes are younger than ours........but reading a solid block of tiny words with no break (like paragraphs) .....is not easy.

I just don't bother to read if it isn't comfortable.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   you guys set me straight years ago.  Was pointed out on a post I did and I went back and face palmed myself.  Sure enough way too long with no breaks.  Yup my point was lost about 6 sentences in lol.  I try to be careful now.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Charlee1022 

I've never had good luck ordering live plants from QVC, not from any of the live plant vendors.

I learned my lesson and buy from local nurseries, etc. ever since, 30+ years ago.

Sorry you've been so disappointed, I sure was too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.