Trusted Contributor

Re: BROOKLYN GARDEN MAY 2022

@BklynKinsey  What a beautiful oasis. Thank you so much for sharing. I looked at the pictures three times. LOLWoman Very Happy Enjoy it all.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful garden.  You must have a very green thumb to have kept the leaves on those crotons over the winter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Beautiful garden.  You must have a very green thumb to have kept the leaves on those crotons over the winter.

@Kachina624   Yes, indeed....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   I used to struggle to grow crotons in Houston and failed miserably.  Then went on a Caribbean cruise and saw hedges in people's yards that were crotons.  I'm still in wonderment over that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   I used to struggle to grow crotons in Houston and failed miserably.  Then went on a Caribbean cruise and saw hedges in people's yards that were crotons.  I'm still in wonderment over that.

@Kachina624   After growing up in the Midwest....just about everything I have planted here has failed.    I have a yard full of what botanically would be considered WEEDS....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@BklynKinsey , it is delightful!  I especially love the Japanese maples and evergreens.

Can you tell me why you use so many pots and don't plant in the ground?  If you are in NY you have four seasons.  

I am sure your garden brings you much pleasure.  Thanks for sharing.  LM

Respected Contributor

@BklynKinsey   Just beautiful.  I really enjoyed looking at your pictures, thanks for sharing!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

@Lilysmom1   My garden area is very small -- about 18' x 50'.  I have to be careful about the ultimate size of my plants.  My Japanese maples are in pots which keeps them smaller in size.  I can also move them around if I want them in a different spot.  I don't do much in the way of decorative garden items, but I use my pots as my decor.  I especially love the faux bois pots which I think fit in nicely with my garden style.  This year I splurged on two Campania International pots which to me are works of art in the garden.  Some of the smaller pots which you see in the pictures are empty now but will be planted later this month with caladium bulbs.  In the center planted garden area (which looks all green now) are shrub roses, peonies, hydrangeas -- green now but will be flowering in a few weeks.  I love to look at your garden pictures -- you are so lucky to have such beautiful property.  I admire your hard work and aesthetic!

Respected Contributor

What a charming area to live in; your garden is enchanting. 

Regular Contributor

@BklynKinsey 

Such beauty and serenity in the heart of the city.