Trusted Contributor

Re: BLUEBIRD EGGS IN THE HOUSE 😃

Thank you for sharing the photo! I don't think I've ever seen bluebird eggs. They remind me of robin eggs. 

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack...nice pic..I dont think I've seen those birds here.
Esteemed Contributor

isn't it wonderful how "life goes on" with the news?

Valued Contributor

with so much ugliness around us, what a blessing to see there is still beauty if we stop & look for it. thank you for sharing what you found.
Super Contributor

Dazlin, I am jealous.   Last year was the first year we had a nest of bluebirds, so far no eggs to be seen, although they have been busy all winter eating the dried worms we put out

Respected Contributor

@claros ...this is a first for me, it surely is a nice distraction.   Assures me something wonderful is still in control...and I've never doubted.   Hang on everyone!

Honored Contributor

We don't have bluebirds in my part of California.  You are lucky indeed.  They are just beautiful. I do have crow friends who follow me down the street until I go home.  Then they meet me there. Lol

Valued Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
Bluebirds sit at night, usually out for the day, and after hatch, they return to feed hatchlings. I hope mama comes in at night, but I won't be checking, not to disturb her. So we'll see how it goes😃.

Mama will definitely return to the nest at night to brood eggs and then to keep babies warm at night.   Mama is on the nest during the daytime too for the most part especially with eggs in the nest.

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:
Bluebirds sit at night, usually out for the day, and after hatch, they return to feed hatchlings. I hope mama comes in at night, but I won't be checking, not to disturb her. So we'll see how it goes😃.

Mama will definitely return to the nest at night to brood eggs and then to keep babies warm at night.   Mama is on the nest during the daytime too for the most part especially with eggs in the nest.

@giddy up ,  I'm seeing a couple of bluebirds around in the morning, but I haven't see any around the nest box for awhile.  Activity has slowed.   I think its around 2 weeks since the eggs were laid, so I'll check in another week.  

Honored Contributor

We don't have bluebirds--my mom had lots of them--but the little wrens have moved in their house and sing and sing all day around the back of our house.