Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi , I have family in the interior of British Columbia.  I was surprised at how desert like it is there.  Growing anything is a huge challenge.  They now suffer devastating wildfires annually.  I would be interested in a challenge like that but it would have to be in my next life as, at age 64, I don’t think I will be tackling more than I have on my hands now!  LM

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom------How far into hell will I be sent for coveting your gardens?  Like @Desertdi --Just dust,dust and trash from other places from HABOOBs--------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@Lilysmom------How far into hell will I be sent for coveting your gardens?  Like @Desertdi --Just dust,dust and trash from other places from HABOOBs--------tedEbear

@tedEbear   The heat this weekend WILL BE "hell on earth".....(not to mention the smog).....and I believe a person pays for their sins while still on this planet .........so I think you'll be OK in the afterlife!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi @tedEbear , I am feeling like a very lucky person.  Hot but bearable.  Interestingly enough, my relative in British Columbia told me they are having a good summer...a couple of rains a week and we have more above 30 C degree days than them.  Climate change is real.  LM

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous. I have a worm too and it makes me giggle to see those eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG , those eyes are the hardest to do.  Don’t look too close lol.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@AuntG , those eyes are the hardest to do.  Don’t look too close lol.  LM

---------

Are you the creator of it @Lilysmom ? If so, you are multi talented. Mine came from a garden center.

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom ...your flowers are amazing!!!   Everything looks so green and healthy.   I know your climate sure helps, but you've got a green thumb and beyond.    Here in hot, steamy Florida,  I'm seriously about to rip out many plants.   I started Shasta daisies from seeds more than a year ago, and they took off great...I've had to re-pot all of them.  All I got was a few daisies in early spring, and been picking off brown rotting leaves since...so ugly looking.   I already dumped at least 4 pots.  My Plumbago, same story...brown rotting ugly leaves.  Seems, my impatiens, and marigolds do very well.   Lantana is doing nice too.  Most plants here really suffer in this heat and high humidity.   I believe I suffer more, really not very pleasant.  I fight with my Rose's daily, but I love them.  Early spring, leaves look healthy, like yours...but short lived.   I lived up north, in N.Y. and I had every kind of flower, and bulbs,  including Gladiolus....all did soooo beautiful!!     Starting Feburary here, is our spring,  so I'm going to re-think my planting, and what's worth the sweat😓.  ENJOY YOUR BEAUTIFUL GARDEN!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin , one plant I had/have that I love is Russian sage.  I had it on the big evergreen hill and it has been since subsumed which was the plan.  We wanted the evergreens to take over and they did.  The sage is drought tolerant.  They are very long lasting blooms.  The other one I can’t grow is red hot poker.  It doesn’t survive our winters.  I wonder if the sage and red hot poker would work for you?  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG , I do the painting on concrete.  A rainy day or winter project.  I am no artist!  My favorite is the seahorse since named Miss Priscilla by one of our posters here.  LM

C2BD06C6-8693-4099-91E2-6F629BBC59A0.jpeg