Respected Contributor

Re: At lakeside Jun 25/19

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom @Priceless!   

I wish I could spend a vacation there 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Lovely pictures, all of them. Your garden looks enchanted, thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor
Can I buy a calendar with those pictures?
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  It's all so beautiful. It does look like a perfect vacation spot, yet you get to live there every day. Thanks for sharing your lovely pics.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG @colliemom4 , we are blessed indeed to live in such a lovely spot.  DH’s family has been here for seven generations.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom @So beautiful and looks so private.Such a nice way to live...lucky girl.

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom--As always a sheer delight!!!  Is the plant at bouy rock a Rhododenron?  It reminds me of the pinks and whites my Grandparents had in northern California. I have never seen a purple one---------tedEbear

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@tedEbear , yes it is a Rhodo.  I had three four Rhodos on my property, all of them around the house.  They were very lacklustre so I was going to pitch them.  I had given them years to take off.  My DH said let’s try at lakeside.  Well, the three of them took off.  Finally found their sweet spot!  I have three more, two of them are struggling.  I see a move in their future.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw , I am happy to bring those memories back for you.  I love this time of year.  We have a project going on this week at the lake to make getting around a bit easier.  I will post pictures when done.  LM

Honored Contributor

Lilysmom !

I look forward to seeing the pictures of the lake project.  The pictures of your retreat are so delightful and bring me back to a happy tranquil time of life..  Enjoy your out door time surrounded by such beauty!