Honored Contributor

Re: Are Any of Your Spring Bulbs Sprouting?

My daffodils are putting on a growth spurt as I write this. Most are four to six inches high now and springing upwards. I have some crocuses (croci?) around an azalea out front, but I haven't checked them just yet. Chances are they're about ready to bloom. Spring is coming! Some trees are budding up already. 

I just started more seeds yesterday. I planted up 22 Purple Wave Petunia seeds, eleven Angelonia seeds, lots of Dahlberg Daisy seeds, and the leftover double-flowered impatiens seeds. I'll be starting my lobelia seeds next week and assuming they arrive, the rest of my impatiens seeds. (They're still back-ordered.) Around the first of March, the Marigold seeds will get started. I'm hoping that around mid-March I can start moving the hardier seedlings out to my pond cover/coldframe. The three hundred plus gallons of water inside the cover is staying right about 50 degrees these days, so that serves to moderate any wild temp swings in there. I'll want to get a clearer plastic for a cover next year as what I'm using now is a bit more opaque than I'd like, but it works. Spring is coming fast! I can't wait! 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2   This is what is blooming now and has been for weeks.  I planted them over twenty years ago, and now there are huge clumps all over, should divide them this year.  The fragrance is fabulous.

Image result for images of white daffodils

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl Wow!  That is beautiful!  I can imagine the scent - heavenly!  

Esteemed Contributor

It's 2 degrees this morning.   We have 3 inches of snow and ice.  But my daffs are green and poking up thru the snow.  Gotta love 'em!

Thanks for the pic, @mousiegirl.   Beautiful.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I thought I saw something last week.

Today I can't see them we just had 4" of snow. The windchill is -20.

I hope they will come up.

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2  Well tha aconites have been up for a few weeks, and the snowdrops are now in full bloom. The bees are happy campers!

spring flowers.jpg

New Contributor

My spring Bulbs are sprouting very well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 , mine are still under six inches of snow🙄.  We need a good rain.  Finally seeing above freezing temps here in Nova Scotia, hoping for an early Spring!  LM