Trusted Contributor

Re: Anything Blooming In Your Yard?

SoCal here.  Cape Honeysuckle, Lantana, Rosemary, Daffodils, Freesia, Tulips, Spring Star Flowers, Geraniums.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wahoogaz Well...............I DID. The rogue bunny eats all of my tulips as they come up. It's someone's bunny that got away or was let loose. Not a wild bunny. I've called the humane society to rent a safe trap. He's cute, but I work too hard having my garden look pretty to let him dine every night. Smiley Sad

Its Saturday Chill Out

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

A few of the following:  roses, rosemary,  Crane's-bill geraniums, dianthus, salvias, and hellebore.  I am about to sow vege seeds as the weather has finally warmed up and the rain has stopped, at least for a while.  A few dayliles have fat buds, and one iris is blooming.

Respected Contributor

Well my magnolia tree was starting to bloom, until it snowed and temps tanked back to the 30s yesterday.

Honored Contributor

Went to a plant sale today at the Botanical Garden.  I managed to restrain myself to just a few grasses.  Only thing blooming my yard are hellebores.  Tulips and daffodils have broken through but have a ways to go before blooming then the rhododendrons will bloom.  

Super Contributor

The Freesia blooms started opening this week as expected.

20170312_074048.jpg

One of my Gingersnap rose trees has a few blooms ... not even a bud on the other one.

20170312_074206.jpg

Super Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@Wahoogaz Well...............I DID. The rogue bunny eats all of my tulips as they come up. It's someone's bunny that got away or was let loose. Not a wild bunny. I've called the humane society to rent a safe trap. He's cute, but I work too hard having my garden look pretty to let him dine every night. Smiley Sad

Its Saturday Chill Out

@pattypeepI agree ... gardening is hard enough without others eating what they shouldn't Smiley Happy. Good luck catching the bunny.

Contributor

I have a HUGE deer problem, but they won't eat daffs or irises. Hellebores are poisonous to any animal that eats them, so they won't touch them, either. Mine have been blooming for weeks, even after the recent snows. My snow drops also are in bloom, and my alliums are up two inches. Good luck to everyone here in the Northeast during the approaching snowstorm.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My crocus and daffodils have come up and I see buds....but the nor'easter coming my way NYC is saying - 'no chance in heck, cause I'm gonna bury you in snow'

Esteemed Contributor

We have a small front yard, due to our location amongst the other houses, but now have 102 daffodils blooming.  After visitng Keukenhof some years ago, wanted to create a grape hyacinth river.  So, the "river" got planted, which is bounded by river rock, and is now blooming and looking so pretty.  Tulips will arrive later.

2 weeks ago, we had all of the old bushes, etc., except the Japanese Maple, removed from our backyard.  The former owners had let everything go wild.  It's so nice to just have a blank canvas now.  In a few weeks, a new fence will be installed.   I'm hemming and hawing over whether to stain the new fence or cover it with bamboo on the inside, which I love.  There are plans to create Japanese garden features in our small back yard, so am leaning toward the bamboo.