Honored Contributor

I did a great job separating weeds from forsythia in my back yard...but now I need some plants to fill in the gaps.

I'm heading out to buy some small Endless Summer hydrangeas, a rose for a sunny front bed along our garages...then I'm DONE fo the season.

Anyone else still planting???

Contributor

Re: Anyone still Planting???

I am!!!!! I think I plant throughout the entire summer season!!! Hahaha! I always seem to find a "spot" that needs a little something. And, if I'm not planting something new, I am switching things around!! I love it! If it isn't flowers then it's a shrub. I say to myself, "ok, this is the last thing you need and everything will be perfect...." Then lo and behold I find another "spot" that needs me!!!! Ha!
Honored Contributor

Yes, me too - as always!

I just got several beautiful perennials on clearance & several packs of wonderful looking pachysandra I need to find a spot for.

Its a never ending process but I love it!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am!!

Some poppies I had gotten from mailorder just do not do well in our clay soils with lots of rainfall-- which we had recently. The leaves turned yellow, then browned including the stems. I transplanted them to another spot and still no new growth emerging. So these will be removed and I am heading to Lowes to try and locate some reddish flowered blanket flowers (Gaillardia) to fill in those spots.

A 'Dee-Lish' rose has been placed in one spot already and I've found a 'Blue Star' juniper for another spot. The area needs a few more perennials to finish the job.

Also doing research for a rose that doesn't get too wide over time but has the height needed for being in front of the chimney. I have a miniature rose there and the spot needs something else that's taller.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

We lost three trees and many of our perennial shrubs  were brown from the very late frost we had, so we've been planting and pruning.  The trees can be replaced (and will be) by the end of the month.  It never gets really, really hot here.... so my work isn't done yet!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I got a few things from Home Depot to fill in for a few that got waterlogged last month when we had all that rain....they were 50% off....

I also picked up a few perieniels...

Honored Contributor

Have tons of plants waiting to be planted, though we have planted quite a bit already. We won't get it all done this year, but will keep planting until weather forbids.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, how ironic to see this post!  Just returned from purchasing 12 impatients for $3.00.  Everything was REALLY on sale at the local garden center ~ Also bought 2 lovely hydrangeas that are gorgeous ~ which were $5.00 cheaper than last week AND a calla Lily for .25 : )

Now I have to plant them............................

Safe Holiday Weekend to All~

Valued Contributor

We are puttting in two Vancouver Danielle clematis tomorrow morning. I bought a nice 84" obelisk for them to grow on. They are going into an island in our front yard that has a post light in it and some plantings.

Super Contributor

Was at the local garden hut today! Things are 50% off....Had to fill in some hail damage.......I wish we could post pics here. Happy 4th of July to everyone!