Honored Contributor

Anyone know when bulbs for Fall planting are available?

I had a MAJOR project this summer. I removed the old soil from two beds near the street planted with 5 year old Oak trees (careful to not disturb the roots!), added humus and peat moss and then planted under the trees with perennial ivy - to create a ground cover.

The ivy is doing well...I look forward to it filling in next year.

I want to plant daffodils in clumps also (before the ivy roots get too established).

Does anyone know when stores will be stocking bulbs for Fall planting?

TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know when bulbs for Fall planting are available?

Look in late August through October. Check mailorder companies for even more variety. 🌷

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I think when you start seeing mums, they should be around.

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 I absolutely love bulbs !! I freshen up my stock every Fall. Last spring some rogue bunnies helped themselves and I lost several flowers. Ouch. I really don't want to rain on your parade, but did you give a lot of thought about the ivy? It can become very, very invasive and almost impossible to get rid of. Sorry ~ just had to add that, speaking from experience. Smiley Frustrated

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Thanks @pattypeep - but there is no way this is going to be invasive...it's going in the two beds on the left and right...with lots of concrete on all sides! I've planted perennials in the middle bed.

Neighbor's Bed.JPG

Honored Contributor

Sam's Cub had a huge pallet of daffodil bulbs when I was there yesterday.