Esteemed Contributor

Anyone Still Use Solar Lights?

I had some solar lights years ago but the rechargeable batteries were quite expensive to replace so I gave up. Maybe they have improved. I used to see them around people's property, but not lately. Do you still use them?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Still Use Solar Lights?

I have been thinking about trying them again too Have they improved?
Honored Contributor

I have only had them for about two years, and the set I got from Q is still going strong. I plan, should the batteries fail, to simply buy a new set, as I'm sure the cost might be comparable.

We live out in the country, very dark, and no street lights, so the addition of these has been not only been about looking nice, but very helpful to see our way around the house outside at night.

I still see them around the towns near us quite a bit. Have they gone 'out of style'?

Esteemed Contributor

Still and always.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I do...but I buy the GE ones from Walmart. They are 20.00 for 8 and they last 2 years before the batteries run out. The ones on QVC never seemed to last for me..

Respected Contributor

Yes, we have pretty colored ones in the garden near our pool. We keep them out all year and they have had up for several seasons. We purchased them at BJ's.

Respected Contributor

I bought a set of 8 HGTV solar lights with a bronze finish from HSN, 4 or 5 years ago. They are THE BEST!! They change colors...from red, to blue, to green, etc. I live in the Seattle area, so LOTS of rain & not much sun. These lights work in all senerios- I leave them out all year. They're so pretty, really easy to clean, & are simply perfect. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Forgot to mention....in the past, I bought a set from both QVC & Costco, both Westinghouse brand. They were garbage, & neither set lit up well, or lasted very long. The finish on my HGTV brand always looks the same- like new.

Super Contributor

I have them on each side of the house that gets at least 4 hours of direct light. Mine are motion lights and they give off as much light as an electrical motion light. I love them and will always use them. Can't beat free lights. I ordered mine off of Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I bought mine from Q about 4 years ago and they change colors and are going strong. I have eight white ones in the back and they are also good. I have never changed the batteries. My only issue is the plastic stakes that break off but I just push the light in the ground.

The ones I bought from Kmart and CVS didn't work or last long at all.