Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Still Use Solar Lights?

Nope......they were all stolen

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't use them because my front walk is too shaded. But if the technology's improved, maybe I should buy new and try again. My pet peeve is when people line their sidewalks with them, then don't care when they start leaning in every direction. It looks messy and cheap.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 ValuSkr said:

I don't use them because my front walk is too shaded. But if the technology's improved, maybe I should buy new and try again. My pet peeve is when people line their sidewalks with them, then don't care when they start leaning in every direction. It looks messy and cheap.

I'm chuckling at this because it reminds me of a 'runway look'. My ex neighbor before he moved had regular lights on his main walkway and I always looked up for 'da plane' da plane'!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Desertdi said:

Nope......they were all stolen

I can't put ANYTHING nice in my front yard...not even a hanging basket. I had a plant stolen out of my flower bed. Some people are total LOSERS!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We got ours from Costco and they are still going strong after 3 years.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 JustJazzmom said:
On 4/8/2015 ValuSkr said:

I'm chuckling at this because it reminds me of a 'runway look'. My ex neighbor before he moved had regular lights on his main walkway and I always looked up for 'da plane' da plane'!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

LOL I agree, so tacky when people space them close together, like every 1 - 2 feet, on both sides of the walk. They must have gotten a deal at Big Lots. If you're going with this approach, much better to put them every 4 - 5 feet.

Honored Contributor

Yes we still use them, both in our front and back yards-love them.....

Respected Contributor

Still have them and probably always will. I have the ones that change colors and love them. I purchased a set of three from QVC about 6 years ago and placed them in my flower garden. They are still working to this day. Others I have purchased locally have only lasted one season. I usually place them about 3 to 5 feet apart. I love the look.

Super Contributor

No, the solar lights are one of many money wasting mistakes I made, shopping with QVC. Not that I haven't made some good purchases with the Q, however, the regrets out number them. I drastically limit my purchases these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I do and I have some sets that were bought 5 or 6 years ago and are still working well. There are places in the yard that I've changed over to battery powered, not solar lights, simply because that area gets little sunlight.