Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Still Use Solar Lights?

On 4/7/2015 goldenretriever said:

I bought a set of 8 HGTV solar lights with a bronze finish from HSN, 4 or 5 years ago. They are THE BEST!! They change colors...from red, to blue, to green, etc. I live in the Seattle area, so LOTS of rain & not much sun. These lights work in all senerios- I leave them out all year. They're so pretty, really easy to clean, & are simply perfect. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

I have replaced my very old Malibu driveway lights with all solar lights. The replacement batteries for the solar lights have become less expensive in the last few years. I was so relieved on my last shopping trip for batteries. The convenience of being able to move them around (if needed) is such a nice bonus. There's a ton of solar lights out there but they are not all the same quality. It's just like any other product. You have to look around and do some research so you are not disappointed in what you are spending your money on.

Super Contributor

I bought 12 silver ones from Home Depot last year for $3 a piece and they worked great all summer and fall. I did take them inside and removed the batteries once the snow started here in NY. They are in the garage dry and clean and ready to go back in the ground in May. I will replace the batteries. So far these are the best ones I have had.

Super Contributor

I bought 12 silver ones from Home Depot last year for $3 a piece and they worked great all summer and fall. I did take them inside and removed the batteries once the snow started here in NY. They are in the garage dry and clean and ready to go back in the ground in May. I will replace the batteries. So far these are the best ones I have had.

Honored Contributor

I don't, but last Sunday when I left the home where I'd been treated to dinner, their entire front path was lined with solar lights, so someone is still using them. No idea where they bought theirs, but I'm pretty sure not from QVC - my hosts are auction mavens, so my guess would be that's where they found theirs.

Honored Contributor

I would rather electric lighting, but I don't have a plug close enough and am not adding an outlet. I've used solar lights for nine years. All solar lights are not equal. I just bought a new set at Costco last month. HGTV brand, 8 lights. They are the best I've had. They were $49 at the time and I thought that was a steal. Just got the new flier and they are $35 this month. I may buy another set. They are really bright. The q has a solar light TSV this month. Had I not seen/bought the ones at Costco, I was going to buy them. They are made by energizer.
Honored Contributor

I looked up the details of the TSV. It's on the 21st. Energizer, 10 solar lights, $59.94, $5 shipping, 3 colors = bronze, copper, gunmetal. They are smaller than what I have and a little on the simple side, but I thought they were nice.
Regular Contributor

I have solar lights because its dark in my neighbor, no street lights. I bought some on the Q many years ago and they lasted. But, I bring them in with all of my other summer stuff in the fall/winter. I just bought small GE ones on the Q and they are very well made. They are popular in my area of Jersey.

Respected Contributor

We have used them for years and just bought a bunch of new ones at Home Depot. They have improved them a lot over the last few years! We have them out year round and ours work great and we live in CO.

Frequent Contributor

We just got 8 new ones from Home Depot. I think they have improved a lot over the past few years. The ones we got were on clearance for only about $4 each and they have led bulbs so they are much brighter than the ones we had in the past. They have gotten so inexpensive too that they are pretty much disposable. I don't even think there is an option to change the batteries in these (they are pretty basic, lol). But I think if we can get a couple of years out of these they will have been well worth the price! And who knows, they could last longer than that!