Esteemed Contributor

Anyone Recognize This Plant?

I brought this plant to my house from a vacant lot that we owned several years ago. No idea what it is, but it's not a weed, because it stays uniform in size. Perennial of some sort. The yellow color is so beautiful. I've not noticed anything like it in the nurseries. Any ideas?

0605181907.jpg0605181906 (480x640).jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Recognize This Plant?

Is it Loosestrife?  Here is a link to a wildflower guide that has a picture:

http://www.wildflowersearch.org/search?oldstate=gmc%3A42.528%2C-70.929%3Bgms%3A4%3Bshowall%3Ayes%3Bc...

Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz Wow, it sure looks like it. Thank you so much.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is exactly what it is , i had it at  my home, it spreads alot ,and agree it is pretty.It likes wet areas ,and that is where it really spreads.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Wow, it is really pretty. A few years back a plant grew by our porch and the blooms were huge and beautiful and I thought I had a rare and unusual gift from Mother Nature. Upon research i found out that it was Jimson Weed and farmers hate it. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.   

Respected Contributor

Yup, Loosestrife.  but there are different kinds. garden(common) .vulgaris) yellow loosestrife and "Yellow" loosestrif(different botanical name).  the "Yellow" is less invasive than the common variety. It's a very pretty plant. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz

Thanks so much for letting us know about the wildflower ID site.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@pattypeep@GingerPeach  No problem!  Smiley Happy