Respected Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

Too much noise generated by power equipment is super annoying.  Once Spring starts and you can open windows again the roar begins.  Everyone needs to mow their grass and tidy up their property, but I've got neighbors who don't let a day pass without firing up a blower, lawn mower, power washer or log splitter.  I mean isn't mowing one's lawn 3 times a week excessive?

Oh my goodness ... a log splitter ....??    That takes the cake .....!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody else Hate . . .

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

The sound of pressure washers?  My previous neighbor was a huge fan of pressure washing.  He would spend days meticulously pressure washing every inch of concrete, including curbing around his house (and he had the corner lot).  They went missing last year and eventually defaulted on their house.  They did eventually show back up and pack up a bunch of stuff (including the kitchen oven, light fixture, and sink, but not the fridge.  The house recently sold and it requires a lot of work, so they have been working on it.  For the last week there has been a lot of pressure washing.  Another neighbor texted me yesterday asking if it had been a requirement for anybody buying that house to love pressure washing.  I had to laugh because yesterday morning my husband had been kidding me about my favorite sound.  

That made me laugh.

I'm sorry, I know how frustrating that can be. I live in an apartment complex and they pressure wash only once a year, usually while I'm at work, and no neighbors do it. But I also live directly over two garage units and both garage renters motorcycles. One had a super loud Harley and would let the engine idle while the garage door came up... or just whenever he pleased. The other fixes cars and motorcycles in his garage and for WEEKS on end he was working on bike to sell. He would rev it up and let it run for 5 minutes, tinker for 20, rev it for 5 for hours every weekend. I was glad when they both moved away.

Valued Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

@Kardi wrote:

Too much noise generated by power equipment is super annoying.  Once Spring starts and you can open windows again the roar begins.  Everyone needs to mow their grass and tidy up their property, but I've got neighbors who don't let a day pass without firing up a blower, lawn mower, power washer or log splitter.  I mean isn't mowing one's lawn 3 times a week excessive?

Oh my goodness ... a log splitter ....??    That takes the cake .....!!!

Oh yes, at least once during the warm months he spends 1-2 days splitting logs all day long.  He has a wood pile 4 feet high.  By the way, it's not as if he heats with wood.  It's just for an occasional fire in his fireplace inside.  Very loud. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

My husband uses one before putting out the patio stuff, as do many of our neighbors.

In the city in rowhomes you're attached - and the properties are surrounded by concrete - hardly a sound muffler.

So - every spring it goes on and one for a few weekends in a row.

Quite loud yea, not great to listen to, not music to my ears....

....but then again when I use clear packing tape (y'know from the big not-so-easy to use tape dispenser) that loud sound goes through me like ice water in my veins!  yikes!!!

Honored Contributor

The best pressure washers are gasoline ones, i have had problems with electric ones, just me here now,so i can not use the big guys.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.