Esteemed Contributor

Any reviews on CF Hibiscus?

[ Edited ]

Would loooove that purple one.    Thoughts?  Opinions?

Thanks!

..... oh wait!  they're really dark pink.  It's the "representation" that's purple.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Any reviews on CF Hibiscus?

@tototwo.  It's a bit (no, a lot) premature to expect reviews on a plant that was just recently shipped.  It'll be well into summer before it produces it's first bloom.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624- you're right about that, however, CF sells hibiscus every year and I wondered if historically it was a winner or a loser.  I don't always trust the reviews.

Around here I see a lot of hardy hibiscus sold in garden shops, but they're always white or white with a pink edge.  I have a gigantic white one.   The bright colors of the CF hibiscus got me interested.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo.  Zulily today is featuring CF plants and they have that big hibiscus for sale for a little under $20.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@tototwo 

I can't give you a review on the ones you may be looking at, but I have purchased CF hardy hibiscus in the past.  I have some on advance order now which will ship to me in early May.

I have pretty good luck with their hibiscus.  In the right setting they bloom profusely.  Ones I placed in more shaded areas thrive but don't bloom as much as those placed in a sunnier location.

Their colors are outstanding.  I had two which were somewhere between a red and burgundy, large prolific blooms.  I did have to spray it because something was skeltonizing the leaves.  I had it for about 4 years, then one year it just didn't resprout.  Those that I have/had got rather tall.  The ones I have on order now were advertised to be shorter, more bushy.  (I hope).

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Allegheny!   I appreciate your review.  I want something shorter and bushier than the huge white one that I have.  I'm watching some of the QVC garden shows and these hibiscus may be presented again.  

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo  Those I have on advance order are M52683 3 Piece Tropical Paradise Hardy Hibiscus.  Believe they still available.  

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@Kachina624- you're right about that, however, CF sells hibiscus every year and I wondered if historically it was a winner or a loser.  I don't always trust the reviews.

Around here I see a lot of hardy hibiscus sold in garden shops, but they're always white or white with a pink edge.  I have a gigantic white one.   The bright colors of the CF hibiscus got me interested.

@tototwo  You could always try, and if it doesn't perform the way you like, get a refund.  They are very popular, and I doubt he would be selling them every year if they were duds.  I would buy them but don't think they would fit into my perennial cottage garden.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl - thanks!  I ordered the pair of one pink and one purple last week.  One will go in the front yard, one in the backyard.  Can't wait to get them!

- Eleanor Roosevelt