Regular Contributor

Re: Any Hummingbird sightings?

Just saw my first hummingbird yesterday looking for the feeders.  So I put them out in the same place, under my covered porch, and they have started to feed.  Love watching them.  FYI, I live 35 miles south of Austin, Tx.

Valued Contributor

I put out my feeder last weekend and saw my first hummer on April 11th. Same as last year and the year befor that.
Honored Contributor

First sighting in Albuquerque was on Easter Sunday.  One was in the yard for a quick visit.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

I made my nectar yesterday and probably this weekend I'll fill the feeders.
They usually come here the third week in April.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

Put up a feeder yesterday. I will post my results. I can't find my huge bows and they may have been tossed when we moved.

Honored Contributor

I put my feeders out on the 12th, still no hummers here. I'm patient, I can wait till they are ready to show up, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Ours came May 12th last year so it is early for us yet.  LM

Valued Contributor

Re: Nesting Materials 

I have a  two slot suet feeder in a *cage* to keep squirrels out and lets birds in.

One slot has a suet cake and in the other slot I am placing nesting material. 

I have cats and save their fur that is in the brush and I save my own hair from my brush. 

Vaccuum lint is also used (more cat fur).  The nesting material side is obviously used and I replace this fuzz  about twice a month.  

I found out about this nesting material  online, the birds appreciate our efforts very much!  

2-4 sightings of hummers each day now,  sunset is a favorite time to spot them.  I change the food out once or twice a week.  They seem to like  FRESH! food the most. 

CAT  ( In SW GA )

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have feeders for humming birds but I did see my first one two days ago 

Contributor

Still no sign of them here near Bethlehem, PA. Have had my feeder out for two weeks just in case.