Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anxious for Spring, looking forward to pansies!

Thanks for all the replies! I love violas as well! Saw pansies at the store today..so I will get some soon. Glad others share my love of pansies, they're a happy flower, so sweet!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I have a pot of pansies sitting on bench in my front yard, also have a pansy wreath on front door, love them too!

Honored Contributor

I bought some hyacinths at Costco a little over a week ago. They're just about done. I happened to be at Costco again this morning so I picked up another planter. When they're done I'm going to save the bulbs and plant them somewhere in my yard.

Regular Contributor

I plant pansies every spring [early] and in the fall [instead of mums].

I only put them in containers on my front and back porch. By about the last week of june they are ready to get dumped.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/17/2014 kibbi said:

I plant pansies every spring [early] and in the fall [instead of mums].

I only put them in containers on my front and back porch. By about the last week of june they are ready to get dumped.

I'm going to do that this fall! I also love the ornamental cabbage, they would be pretty together!! Thanks!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/17/2014 Hooty said:

I have a pot of pansies sitting on bench in my front yard, also have a pansy wreath on front door, love them too!

Would LOVE a pansy wreath, how pretty!

-- Mae West
Contributor

I am soooo ready for spring. It can't get here soon enough! This winter has been giving me the blues. Luckily today is very sunny but it's still cold.

I LOVE pansies and violas, too. I also love sweet alyssum and agree that it looks beautiful planted with pansies. I haven't planted any pansies for a few years but have already decided I'm going to plant a big pot of them and put it by my front walk. It's too early to plant anything here so I'll just dream of pansies until I can get some in.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Johnny Jump Ups which look like mini pansies. Mine reseed every year in my oak barrels & they are already sprouting. They bloom all summer with plenty of water.

My daffodils are in bloom too. Crocus are already gone.

Trusted Contributor

In the south, we have pansies all winter. We are now starting to see begonias, lantana, marigolds, geraniums and the like in our garden centers.

I love Johnnie Jump Ups!! I had orange and maroon pansies this past fall.winter in my planters. Love those colors.