Respected Contributor

Antonella, Jane, Kim Gravel....all too LOUD, too much laughing (for no reason) and talking too fast.

I never watch them. Oh and Susan Graver! Don't like her clothing so that's an easy one to pass by!

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant You hit the major ones - the laughing constantly over much of nothing = poor acting job.

Honored Contributor

Oh, come on! Just turn the volume down a notch.

Respected Contributor

Antonella is very loud but she’s not the only host that laughs a lot I watched Leah Williams this morning and for the life of me I can’t figure out what this woman finds so funny 90% of her show she’s laughing. I certainly don’t have anything against laughter but she’s too much.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28 That's the major reason I never watch Leah -

Trusted Contributor

Ok, my opinion on this may be unpopular, but I find Antonella to be scattered and distracted.

It seems like she's acting the part, but becomes lost along the way.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt  I’m on the west coast so I never watch her but I couldn’t sleep so the turned QVC on and she was the host OMG she was was so irritating I had to watch something else. I know there’s a lot of people who are crazy about her but the constant laughing is too much. I can’t constraint on what she’s presenting because I can’t get past the laughing. JMO

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@rvmom  I like Antonella, but she may be an acquired taste. I don't however appreciate the Roberta's family. They seem contrived and phony. For that matter, I wish all of the garden presenters would give he actual botanical name of the plants they are selling. And, to say that a daylilly is going to rebloom for 3-4 months is crazy. And, their "representations" are over the top

I do agree about using the correct name; some daylilies will rebloom but not as spectacularly as the first time they bloom. One that comes to mind is Stella D’Oro. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I think a little Antonella goes a long way.  I thought the older "Roberta" fellow was out of line for wanting to take hold of her hand and continue holding hands with her after she stepped off the stage step.  And then a minute later he had his arm around her when they were doing a close up of the flowers they were selling.  So touchy touchy, just struck me strange IMO.  I was thinking of ordering the strawberries to try and grow on my patio, but not sure about that now.  Anyone like Roberta's stuff?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN  I didn't see the personal 'interaction' b/c I changed the channel due to the racket "A" and the rest of the group was making.  Their plants - it's hit and miss.  I've given up on R's products but also C Farms  - small plants that take 3 months to get going and that's about the end of our NE summer.  Plus the work.  As they say:  pay your nickle and take your chances.