Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Garden Critter (Skink)

@candyagain wrote:

Snoop, I know your pain! I had a crowd of chipmunks a few years ago. Two got into my house, i think when the basement door was open. They are quick.

I got them both out of the house by trapping them, one under an empty box and the other by chance -- it went into a flip top garbage can which i secured and brought outside.

When the hawks and coyotes moved in the next year the chipmunks were gone.

They're all over my work site now 15 miles away. People think they're cute, not me.

@candyagain I told someone just the other day that people who don't have chipmunks think they're cute.  I did too when we first moved here.  They are cute, but they are also quite destructive.  Rabbits are cute too until they devastate your garden.  I had a rabbit problem last year and it managed to kill my prized Indian Pinks that were doing so well.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

We have skinks in our yard in KY. We leave them alone.

Once a salamander got in our sunroom. We guess it got in when the door was open? Anyway, we squirted it with cold water to capture it and release it back into our backyard. 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

Snoop, I know your pain! I had a crowd of chipmunks a few years ago. Two got into my house, i think when the basement door was open. They are quick.

I got them both out of the house by trapping them, one under an empty box and the other by chance -- it went into a flip top garbage can which i secured and brought outside.

When the hawks and coyotes moved in the next year the chipmunks were gone.

They're all over my work site now 15 miles away. People think they're cute, not me.

@candyagain I told someone just the other day that people who don't have chipmunks think they're cute.  I did too when we first moved here.  They are cute, but they are also quite destructive.  Rabbits are cute too until they devastate your garden.  I had a rabbit problem last year and it managed to kill my prized Indian Pinks that were doing so well.  

Unless you've had to deal with the little critters they're cute....And don't get me started on squirrels. I spent thousands undoing their damage to my home.  Woman Sad

I gave up on growing vegetables. No matter what I did all the forest folk would gobble them up!Cat Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess .  Thanks for saying it is a Skink in the title!!!!!!