Trusted Contributor

All day Garden Day 3/11

[ Edited ]

So enjoying this Garden Day!  Needed a break from watching the kitchen and shoe shows, which is where I usually hang out.  Can't wait to receive my TSV Bliss gravity chair-- been wanting one for years but good ones were always too pricey.  Also have seen so many pretty plants from Philip and lovely yard decor items.  Don't need a larger house but sure could use a larger yard!  It's early springtime here in Florida; here's hoping those nasty nor'easters blow far far away and usher in a lovely spring for everyone up North! 

Esteemed Contributor

Kitchen has become so boring - more plastic do-dads.....Mark Charles cooking an egg.....Ms. Temp-ta-tions stacking her wares & unstacking them - or another vendor cooking a salmon steak.  What a delight to tune in and see gardening!  I actually watched it.

Valued Contributor

Loving today, except in the Kitchen with David.  Anyone bought any plants?

Valued Contributor

Had to switch to QVC 2 to catch Davids show with Leah and David doing a live feed from the Chicago's Kitchen/houseware show.

Trusted Contributor

@Fiero Womanwrote:

Loving today, except in the Kitchen with David.  Anyone bought any plants?

OK, I do miss David's show but still enjoying all things garden.  I bought the mixed daylily set from Cottage Farms.  Hoping they can take our intense FL summer heat.

Respected Contributor

Plants are one thing that I can get easily close by, do not need to buy sight unseen. Also I want the plants when I’m ready to plant them-  

Frequent Contributor

I can't wait to start planting everything.  Our backyard is a blank slate.  My husband just built me two raised garden beds and is almost done with the sprinkler system.  Next is some sod, a walkway and flowers.  I ordered a few flowers and the metal tree wall decor piece from Martha Stewart.  I really want the TSV but I ran out of money.  I already have several easy pays and I don't want any more.  Now I just have to decide if I want to put the tree wall decor inside or out.  I'm thinking I will get more use out of it in my entryway.  Then it will be more fun to change it out seasonally.

It's the little things.
Esteemed Contributor

@CJCSuch a nice change of pace from the same old stuff! It snowed this morning while in Church, so I came home and decided to cancel plans. Good day to watch gardening shows on QVC! (I seldom watch QVC, but check videos later if anything peaks my interest.) Well, yes, I did order the Bee Balm (or something like that) and the Sedum Tiles. Both readily available at any nursery, but these already have several colors already mixed into the plants and are ready to go. Liked the colors Phillip had selected and decided to give Cottage Farms a try. Now, it Mother Nature would bring on the warm weather! Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I agree --  I thought this was their best gardening day yet.  So many great new things -  I have a list a mile long of things I want!  I already made around 6 garden purchases since the end of January, which is unlike me. Usually I just buy a few things this time of year. 

Keep it coming! Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I haven't ordered from Cottage Farms in years, I like to watch the shows for ideas then look locally for what I may want to buy,  but this year I've had a few weak moments.  I ordered M53231  Little miss dynamite rose.  I'm going to start these out in pots and put them in front of my pink knockouts.

M57034, sold out.  Dwarf hummingbird mint collection. Will probably start those out in pots also since CF ships such tiny plants.  Always smaller than they show on TV.  Which is why I stopped ordering from them.

M57461 Hummingbird garden.  Already received and planted.

I add one or two plants to my hummer/butterfly gardens each year, so I'm set for

this season.

Happy Gardening Everyone  Smiley Happy