Honored Contributor

Re: All Dressed Up/Garden Tour Cancelled

Hi,

I just came over here to check on you.  We had a little smoke here in the Seattle area several weeks ago from BC fires but nothing since.  We are under a weather advisory for fire danger here but so far so good except that is 85 degrees which is way too hot for me!

DiAnne

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne , thank you.  We have had a week of rain and things are much better now.

Evacuated people are now able to return in the fire closest to me.  The big fire is not spreading and they are slowly getting it under control.

Some residents can't return home yet.  Fear of soil contamination from oil tanks, unstable propane tanks, backed up sewer systems, etc.

I hope the air clears soon.  The affects of all these out of control fires is simply awful.

As always seems to be the case, there are so many acts of kindness.  One of the fire workers had a birthday yesterday so residents got together and out in a lobster dinner for him and his crew.

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1   How beautiful, as always.  At least we got "our" tour!  I'm so sorry to hear.  I'm glad you didn't need to evacuate and are safe.  So sad for the others.  I'm in PA and we have had some smoke, but NYC yesterday, pretty scary.  I guess it was all through Philly and DC too.  

Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden tour and your hard work.  It's absolutely amazing!  I'm glad you are getting some rain.