Esteemed Contributor

Just finished a big rain.  The lilacs will soon be in full bloom.  Wild purple and domestic irises are out now.  Rhodes are starting to bloom.  The garden is glistening after a good rain.  The evergreens just soak up the moisture.

Mother Nature's gift of ferns and Ohio Buckeye tree (chestnut)

IMG_0987.JPG

View from the swing, our big bank.

IMG_0798.JPG

Korean Lilac

IMG_0823.JPG

Lilac tree, Korean I think.

IMG_0828.JPG

Bloodgood maple with with our newest art piece.

IMG_0788.JPG

Hosta, wild ferns, juniper and hydrangea (Pistachio)

IMG_0842.JPG

Japanese forest grass, hydrangea pee gee

IMG_0854.JPG

Lilies, Solomon's seal 

IMG_0875.JPG

Lilies of the valley,wild ferns, host as, Soloman's seal

IMG_0891.JPG

Alberta Spruce,juniper, Japanese forest grass

IMG_0903.JPG

Nesting spruce, globe Cedar

IMG_0914.JPG

Lupine, common lilacs

IMG_0949.JPG

Irises, evergreens

IMG_0944.JPG

Blue and yellow irises

IMG_0940.JPG

White rhododendron 

IMG_0955.JPG

Red rhododendronIMG_0991.JPG

Wild ferns

IMG_0999.JPG

Canadian Hemlock

IMG_1016.JPG

Red rhododendron, hostas

IMG_1014.JPG

Bloodgood maple, pieris japonica

IMG_1031.JPG

Pieris Japonica

IMG_1032.JPG

Allium

IMG_1044.JPG

Norway spruce

IMG_1036.JPGIMG_1042.JPG

Blue spruce globe 

IMG_1048.JPG

View from atop the big bank.

IMG_1045.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: After the rain...June 18/17

Beautiful!  You give me inspiration for my little yard!  I need to get out and finish dead heading my rhododendrons today.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne, nothing like a good rain and a photo to show you where the weeds are.  Just came in from two hours of weeding.

Would love to see your rhododendrons.  Some people seem to have the touch for them or can find the sweet spot where they thrive.  Mine only do that once I have given up on them and put them in less visible spots🤔.

I visited a friend's garden yesterday.  We did a tour of her property in the pouring rain (you know you are with a good gardening buddy when you do that).  She has been in the same place for almost 40 years.  She has sweeping lines of rhododendrons everywhere.  Just gorgeous!  The mature ones keep having babies.  I was totally awed by how lovely they were.  LM

Honored Contributor

Lovely....    I'm happy in our condo, the setting is gorgeous.  It's like living in a park but I do miss my lilac bushes!!!   There is no more heavenly smell in this world than lilacs in bloom.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  I told my DH about your lovely place, gardens that just don't stop.  ANd I said I'd share your photos with him whenever you would be sharing a bunch of them.  Well today will be the day as your first is of your Buckeye tree. 

As we hail from the capital city of Ohio, your Buckeye tree is the same that we have right outside out dinig room window.  Makes me smile every time I take another trip throughout your garden. 

Stunning as always, it's great fun to see your garden bloom as our's did through March and April.  Deja Vu for sure in a great way!

Super Contributor

Beautiful garden ... love the statuary and yard art, too.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

You know how much I enjoy touring your gardens.  While our gardens are better than decent size, all ours are full sun so our only common plants are early springs ones.

I'm curious about the amount of land you have.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Lilysmom-thank you for all the pretty pictures!

What is that turquoise green groundcover type evergreen in the fourth picture?Is it the same as the one in the last picture?

I love that color. I had a beautiful cedar that was that color.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree, the lilacs are one of my favourites.  After the rain, they will soon all be in full bloom and the whole yard smells lovely.  I have close to ten I think.  My bloomerang is getting to be a good size now so I am expecting a repeat bloom.  My all time favourite though is the common lilac.    Reminds me of my family home.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, I am sure your DH and mine would be good gardening friends.  DH is tree crazy.  The Ohio Buckeye is beautiful.  We also have a lovely chestnut tree that DH grew from a chestnut taken from one of our Public Gardens in the city.  When we sold our first home, he brought it here. It was only about 4' tall then. Two years ago, we took out some spruce that was blocking light and it really took off.  It is a beautiful shape and it is now time to clear a few more trees and let it grow.

Your Buckeye sounds beautiful.  The red flowers are special aren't they?  LM