Honored Contributor

Re: Advice please on how to care for this plant.

@house_cat wrote:

@JustJazzmom

@birkin baby

Now that you mention the name, I'm certain it is a Kalanchoe.  I remember there being a tag on it at one point.  

I'm a city kid and don't have a lot of experience with gardening.  Other flowering plants I've had, like geraniums, for instance, were easy to dead-head.  I would break the dead flowers off at the node.  These, however, don't have obvious places to break them off. I will need to trim them with shears and I don't know how far down to cut them.  I guess I'll just have to be bold and experiment.

In the meantime, I will Google it and see what it says.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice.

On the kalanchoe just snip the stem right behind the faded flower. How warm are your winters there in CA? You might be able to put it outdoors into the ground .

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@lulu2

Mine looked like yours when I first adopted it.  I think the brutal sun on my back porch and the high temps might be too much for it.

~ house cat ~
Frequent Contributor

awe,.. sounds like me when my daughter gave me a beautiful but nameless plant for mothers day lol,.. there are some plant identifyier apps that u can use too, for future reference, but,.. I usually use Mr. Google to help me..

Lovely looking plant tho!