Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A few blooms in the garden

@Lilysmom  Your garden is so beautiful and so is your dog.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom Lily is awesome!  I'm at the beach right now with my guy.  He's not feeling well..getting older and they suspect either Cushings or Addisons. 

At any rate, 5am up and at em..wants to walk the beach. Today he walked along side (a bit behind) a former president and first lady!

I'm missing my gardens but taking full advantage of good weather here too, my best buddy...trying not to think about him gettng older and just enjoying what we have now. 

Take care and thanks for sharing! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum , I know what you mean about the getting older part.  Although we haven’t used it yet, we bought some BCD oil for her arthritis.  She is pretty active for a 12 year old.  She walks every morning early before the heat and has as many swims as she can convince us to take her daily...usually 2-3 times a day.

We have a pile of sticks like the one she has in her mouth in the photo.  We leave them a mile away from home in a pile in the ditch.  She goes there every morning and brings one home.  When they are all home, we take them back down and start all over again lol.  I bet some of those sticks are ten years old.

Wonderful companion.  I hate the thought of her getting old.  LM

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom Just an fyI- I have my guy on CBD- got it from the Vet.  Brand is ElleVet, lots of research from Cornell Vets who established the brand/meds.   He has one chew in the AM and one PM.  Initially had him on an oil in his food that was specific to pets.  Vet was very clear about dosage-volume and concentration etc.  At the time I discussed with her she was not selling any CBD at all.

I'm sure you know to be very careful - many of these oils have different nut oils that dogs aren't tolerant to and are dangerous.  My initial oil came from a friends store (not some snake oil product)  and I know it was a good but decided to change after discussing with the doctor. 

It has helped him - I see a significant change in his mobility.  Unfortunately this issue with his electrolyets has started and I'm not sure if it's the CBD or if it is actually Cushings disease. I'm torn - Quality or quantity.  I want both. 

Just wanted to let you know about the chews/oil and how much they really have helped my guy.  I wish you the same luck if you choose to try it.  Please let me know how you do if you go forward!  Lily is precious and every moment counts!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum , thanks for the info.  We bought this through a government store and it is quite strictly regulated.  We won’t use it until we discuss with our Vet.  I appreciate the warnings.  Always good to be cautious.  I will let you know how it goes once we start.  LM