Honored Contributor

Today's blooms.  Flowers are starting to come forth.

DSCN0070 (2).JPG DSCN0072.JPG DSCN0069.JPG 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: A bit of garden color today

Oh my gosh, how beautiful and healthy they are!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Fantastic! It will be a little while still here where I live.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Yellow Roses and Martha Washington Geraniums?  They are very pretty.  We are just getting hyacinths and daffodils here.  

It will be a while before we can plant annuals or see roses.  Spring is slow in coming around here.  I still have the heat on at my house.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Carmie

The rose is "Gold Medal," a grandiflora.  It's quite tall now.  

And the geraniums are mostly ordinary ones (pelargonium).  I don't even know what the pink ones are called.  I took a cutting from a plant outside my bank.  (I asked them if I could since theirs was so pretty.)  It seems to like my yard.

I lost the label to the red-orange ones.  I know they are a bit out of the ordinary.  Usually I'm very careful with labels.  Darn.

Years ago I used to have the Martha Washingtons since they are exceptionally attractive, but they didn't seem to like my yard as well as these others.

I think you are lucky to be able to have enough cold for hyacinths and other bulbs.  I bet they flourish where you are.

ETA:  I forgot I had only posted the orange/red ones on another thread.    Here they are.

DSCN0073.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach, just lovely.  We don’t even have daffodils up yet.  I am in cleanup mode.  Sore from using all those muscles that never get used in winter.  Can’t wait to see some color.  Your photos brighten my day!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@GingerPeach, just lovely.  We don’t even have daffodils up yet.  I am in cleanup mode.  Sore from using all those muscles that never get used in winter.  Can’t wait to see some color.  Your photos brighten my day!  LM

Right back at you, @Lilysmom  Your photos brighten my day whenever you post yours.  I'm so glad gardens and garden photos make us happy.

Trusted Contributor

so pretty @GingerPeach   Pink & yellow are my favorite colors in the garden.

Your red plant is pretty also.

Anything that grows for me gets me excited. Smiley Happy