Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

You sound like us, meet Rocky:

PD_0048.JPG

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: A GARDEN FIND

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@mousiegirl 

You sound like us, meet Rocky:

PD_0048.JPG

@KingstonsMom   Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Is Rocky a permanent member of the family now?  How did Rocky come to be?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl 

'He came to be' by after a storm, DH was picking up tree debris in the yard and Rocky came running over, climbed up his pants leg to this shoulder.

DH looked for others but found none.

After Rocky rode around the yard for awhile on DH's shoulder, he took him over to a tree by our enclosed deck and he scrambled up.

He started a nest pretty soon.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

What fantastic camouflage the little guy has.  Looks like a knott on a tree trunk. Hope he makes it. 

Were having reports of people here finding dehydrated birds all over the place.  It is extremely hot, 102°, today and dry.  I'm keeping my birdbaths filled. 

@Kachina624   I told the guy that the owlet was probably dehydrated, and worry that by the time it received medical attention it would be too late.

Given we will be in the 90's through September, at least, much watering ahead, and I am trying to save my enormous Redwoods that were very stressed last year, some tops dying, so will be hosing and watering them for months tocome.

I have birdbaths all over, but the creek across the road is stone dry, I imagine, since we are in a draught, AGAIN, so critters will be looking for water, actually had a coyote in my garden a few eyars ago, discovered part of my chain link fence was bent way over, so he and deer were getting in.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   Where do you live?  For some reason I thought it was Florida but doesn't sound like it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Yes ma'am!

He lives in the tree next to our deck, fat & sassy!

@KingstonsMom  LOL, I bet!  I don't see as many squirrels as I used to.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mousiegirl   Where do you live?  For some reason I thought it was Florida but doesn't sound like it. 

@Kachina624   No way Florida, too many reptiles for me!  I live in No. California.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Yep, northern CA where the redwoods be!

I used to live in CA (LA area) but truly enjoyed our visits to northern CA, gorgeous country!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Yep, northern CA where the redwoods be!

I used to live in CA (LA area) but truly enjoyed our visits to northern CA, gorgeous country!

@KingstonsMom   I am not that far North, more in the middle, but we have taken many road trips throughout my life to the Giant Redwood Parks up North, and hiked through them, beautiful indeed.  There weren't any redwoods on this property, but we planted tons, but now realize they prefer cooler weather, so refresh them with hosing and watering at the drip lines, trying to save them through another draught which we are now in.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom   At my previous house, I rescued baby squirrels and many birds.  Once, in the dark, I sat near a shrub where a baby squirrel was to keep the huge stray cat nearby from getting to it, had been chasing it and I just happened to see it so ran outside.  The guy who came wasn't pleasant, lecturing me about having the cat outside and I told him it was a stray and feral to boot, and that I had been feeding it, but didn't intend to feed it a baby squirrel.

It took me two years, and the cat came to be one of the group of my rescues, sleeping on the bed at night. Smiley Happy