Respected Contributor

yes, fit really is everything

i was just reading another thread and the subject of fit came up, and then the mention of how so often we see ladies on the Q in pants (and tops too!) that are way too small for them.   

yesterday i saw part of a show (don't even remember what line it was) and they had a plus sized model poured into a pair of white pants that looked so awful on her that i wanted to cry.  i don't know how those poor models can walk out there looking like that sometimes.

not long ago, my fiance happened to look over my shoulder and saw a plus sized model poured into a knit top with horizontal stripes that was so terribly small on her and it accentuated her belly rolls.  my fiance even commented on how bad that top looked on her.., and that's something because he pays absolutely no attention to fashion.  

Valued Contributor

Re: yes, fit really is everything

I'm an average wieght for my height, maybe 5 to 8 pounds over and I look so much better with clothes that skim the body.  If I put on something tight, one, its not comfortable, and two, I look like I weigh more than I do.  I don't understand the stylists at the Q that seem to squeeze everyone in a size too small.  However, if someone wants to wear tight clothes and they're fine with it or like it, that's ok, too.  The only one you really have to please is yourself. 

Honored Contributor

Most times it's not the size so much but the style of the garment.  Some body types look better than others in a particular style.  HOWEVER, if a larger person is watching and wants to purchase, they want to see a larger figure in the outfit.  I think people in general make the bad choices for themselves.

Respected Contributor

Agree.  I sometimes can't believe how bad the models look.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the language used in the comment and it was inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

The past few days I have been cleaning out my closet in preparation for the Fall season. I threw out quite a bit and most was from QVC due to fit issues. Blouses that clung in all the wrong places and pants that were cut for a woman with a different frame. I bought a full length mirror from Amazon and it didn't lie to me. LOL

QVC is probably not a good "fit" for me in regards to clothing. No matter what my weight, I find their clothing doesn't really express what I am really looking for. I like a stream-lined wardrobe and I am willing to have less in order to have better quality clothing. Too short sleeves was my major gripe with QVC's clothing and I need to set aside a day in the future to shop in an actual brick and mortar store.....because Yes, Yes, Yes fit is really everything.

Honored Contributor

@sunsetbeach wrote:

I'm an average wieght for my height, maybe 5 to 8 pounds over and I look so much better with clothes that skim the body.  If I put on something tight, one, its not comfortable, and two, I look like I weigh more than I do.  I don't understand the stylists at the Q that seem to squeeze everyone in a size too small.  However, if someone wants to wear tight clothes and they're fine with it or like it, that's ok, too.  The only one you really have to please is yourself. 

@sunsetbeach 

Years ago, I read in some "fashion" magazine that a trick to looking thinner is to wear clothes that skim the body.

Wearing tight clothes looks like a person gained weight and couldn't afford a new wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954Agree -  but I think our bad choices explain why we buy so much and then end up wearing only a small percentaage of it.  

Honored Contributor

Plus sized women certainly are not the ONLY women who don't pay enough attention to fit.  I've seen plenty of small and average sized women who I assumed didn't have a full length mirror in their home because if they did.....they wouldn't wear what they are wearing. I think with all the stretch that clothes have now, a lot of women, of all sizes, are wearing a size too small.  And then there's showing body parts that, like thighs and upper arms, that naturally get weak and flabby and spotty over the years.  Size and weight are the same but but that doesn't mean that they still look good in shorts and tank tops.  My bff who is in her mid 70's has that problem; she still wears a size 6 but she can't see that the shorts and tanks and tees she loves to wear in the summer.....aren't loving her back anymore.       

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!  Fit IS everything!  If HER eyes don't shine, it's not right!!!