Honored Contributor

Re: would love to try this new genie bra but.....

I've always heard that a good bra should not rely on its straps to support you.

Respected Contributor

I find that the bra is not supportive for my large breasts. I have heard the vendors say that one must wear two bras for this kind of support.. I am also broad across the back and sizing up doesn't seem to address that problem .I would think these would be fine though for the smaller breasted ladies..

By the way, to the poster who accuses the webmaster of not showing her views; I didn't know that Webbie got into the act until someone reports inappropriate. Of course, the system automatically knows when certain words inappropriate words are used and will not accept your comments until that is fixed. Am I wrong about this?; I am curious.

Honored Contributor

I don't think they're selling a whole lot of these silly little bras.
Contributor

I tried to cancel mine already but it said it might not be able to since the processing is so fast. I thought the straps would make it better than other genie bras for support, but then I watched the presentation again and realized they have uni-b00b. I'd sweat like crazy (like I did with previous genies). If it gets shipped, it's going right back.

Someone needs to invent a sweat sock for each one with straps Wink

New Contributor

Try to cancel again now becca914, I got that same message this morning and just tried again now and it let me cancel the order. I am a 38C and just wasn't convinced that this would give me the best support. I too have been on the hunt for a supportive convertible bra.
Contributor

Ann- I saw your message and tried again. It let me cancel this time! Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

You ladies all know that regardless of the sales pitch this bra is not going to fit properly on everyone. For some it won't lift, others it will flatten, and so one. Then there will be those who look amazing in it. They are showing models with full chest in the presentation, but I'd like to see one with a smaller cup too. The last thing someone who is a B cup needs is to look flatter, and I suspect this Genie offers no lift or shape to smaller cup sizes.

Bali had something like the Genie TSV with multi way straps this a few years ago in their Barely There line, but it must not have sold well because it was quickly discontinued.

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 lolakimono said:

FWIW,

I am the same size as you. If you have followed my "fashion resolutions" thread, I wear the Genie bra and I think from the pictures you can see that it doesn't flatten me out.

HTH

FANTASTIC THREAD!! Thanks. I'll also check out newdressaday.com

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).