Honored Contributor

I really like the comfort fit socks.

Esteemed Contributor

More often it is the shoes that do not fit and cause blisters.

Some runners swear by doubling up on socks, but then you have to consider shoe size.

Maybe a better fit in shoes is in order?

Respected Contributor

@Xivambala I didn't think so either until I bought some Under Armour socks and all of a sudden, I was getting blisters on my heels. I thought it was the sneakers but I wore the socks with three different pairs of shoes and realized it was the SOCKS that were the problem. I switched to (mostly) cotton socks and problem solved! The synthetic materials in the UA socks were causing slippage in the heel which, in turn, caused friction and subsequently, blisters.

Respected Contributor

Re: women sport socks

[ Edited ]

Bombas and SmartWool. Pricey but well worth it.

I wear merino wool socks year round. As long as you don't put them in the dryer and shrink them, they'll last for years. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I use Balega Hidden Comfort socks for my exercise walking. They wear forever. Check prices from different sites.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  I recently tried Bombas and what a huge difference!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Puma Ladies No-Show Socks form costco on-line. Cushy.

I also have many pairs of Gold Toe -- which I purchased from their website years ago. Now, when u check goldtoe dot com, it directs u to Amazon.

Kohls also carries gold toe (they're thinner socks) -- and many other brands.

Read the reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

Wool socks are ideal.  Wool is moisture wicking, naturally.  100, white cotton was what I was raised to wear in sneakers.  I don't do that now though.

Natural fibers are preferable for me, but why not go scout around on the Bombas's website or amazon and see what they have to offer.  Maybe even hanes.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I do LOTS of walking and these socks are my favorite.

Dr Motion Compression socks from Kohl's.  They are on sale now.  $7.99 for two pair.  

I tried to copy and paste the picture but cannot.....

Edited to add:  they stay up, and no shrinking when washed.  I love the support they provide.  I wear the ankle version.  

I have them in the knee high version, they're great. I need to try the ankle version. I do lots of walking too.

I have found them at Marshalls and TJ Maxx too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Bombas and SmartWool. Pricey but well worth it.

I wear merino wool socks year round. As long as you don't put them in the dryer and shrink them, they'll last for years. 

I second Bombas! They are expensive, but the quality is excellent and I think they're worth it.