Honored Contributor

Re: where to send joan rivers jewelry for repair

On 4/26/2014 gazelle77 said: Reading this thread , perhaps it is a good lesson learned.... to not purchase Joan's junk jewelry probably made in a sweat factory with under paid worked to death employees... Funding Joan and her foot in mouth toilet so called jokes.

I couldn't agree more.

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago I googled and found Joan's company in NYC. I called them and they gave me the address where to send my bracelet, which was missing a large crystal. They repaired it and sent it back to me. The crystal was a bit smaller than the others so it didn't match exactly, but it was fine. There was no charge and I was happy.

Sometimes look and ye shall find {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Contributor

At first quick glance, I thought the topic headliner read, 'Where to Send Joan Rivers For Repair,' tee-hee!
Trusted Contributor

Moonstra ... Sorry you lost a crystal in your brooch. I am sure JR does not have a place to repair it.

Now if it was me......I would send it directly to her small basement apartment at Melissa's house. You know...the one she complains about in her ""jokes"".

Honored Contributor

nm

Respected Contributor

On 5/10/2014 Bestdressed said:

Moonstra ... Sorry you lost a crystal in your brooch. I am sure JR does not have a place to repair it.

Now if it was me......I would send it directly to her small basement apartment at Melissa's house. You know...the one she complains about in her "jokes".{#emotions_dlg.glare}

For future reference in California, most houses do not have basements due to earthquakes. Her room is on a lower floor. The house is on a hillside and there are different levels.

Joan has a large apartment in NYC which is larger in square feet than most homes. I highly doubt that Joan sleeps in that room they show. There is a door outside the room that leads to an underground tunnel which takes you across the street to a larger home where Joan lives when she is in town and it contains all her clothes, jewels, makeup, etc. that she wears.

Valued Contributor

Years ago I had a watch repaired by her company with no problems. For the OP who said they don't keep parts, last month I sent a 15 year old Kirks Folly pin to them, it was missing an Aurora Borealis cabochon on the sword handle and a broken wish bottle. I got it back in a week and good as new!
Respected Contributor

I like Joan, but over the years I've found her jewelry to be of the poorest quality. It breaks down soon after purchase. I now regard it as "temporary" and buy next to none.

Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 DogLvr said:

Now if it was me......I would send it directly to her small basement apartment at Melissa's house. You know...the one she complains about in her "jokes".{#emotions_dlg.glare}

For future reference in California, most houses do not have basements due to earthquakes. Her room is on a lower floor. The house is on a hillside and there are different levels.

Joan has a large apartment in NYC which is larger in square feet than most homes. I highly doubt that Joan sleeps in that room they show. There is a door outside the room that leads to an underground tunnel which takes you across the street to a larger home where Joan lives when she is in town and it contains all her clothes, jewels, makeup, etc. that she wears.

joan does stay at her daughter's house. according to this march 2014 article with photos. it looks very nice. she is there only a few days at a time. (-:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303491404579391602122199422

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 DogLvr said:

Sounds pretty cool - Joan's New York apartment is connected to her home by an underground tunnel.