Super Contributor

Re: what's one item of clothing....

I also don't think that "harem" pants look good on anyone. The ones with the crotch, or inseam so low that it hangs down to your knees, then is tight down to the ankle. They are probably really comfy, but I think they look awful. 👎
Trusted Contributor

hahahaha! kzjohnson, you HAVE to post a
picture of that!!! I hope you have one!
Trusted Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:
hahahaha! kzjohnson, you HAVE to post a
picture of that!!! I hope you have one!

Fortunately, my mom has all those old pics... Boy does she love dragging that stuff out at parties (just this weekend).

I'll give you a visual.  It looked to be a birthday party.  I was rocking the gauchos I mentioned above with navy knee high socks, my brown clogs and a bright yellow hoodie top which had rainbow striped hood and sleeves.  And I topped the look off with my killer Dorothy Hamill haircut!  I was probably 10-11 years old...and knew I was awesome looking!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Freakygirl-- I think culottes are a shorter version of palazzo pants or gauchos. I picture taking a pair of palazzos and cutting off 6 inches and you have gauchos. Or cut off 12 inches or more, and you have culottes. They're all trying to make a comeback, but l won't be helping out with it.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:
ladies, I totally agree! "sausage casings" look good ONLY on skinny women, and yet many curvy women think they look good in it! I also can't understand women who wear really tight tops in spite of their Michelin man figures!
question: how do you quote a poster? I can't seem to do it

ubiquitous leggings, all the time.  ITA with you and the poster above you.
Promoted as acceptable for every occasion ,  this channel is a prime offender sorry Q

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am with the poster who said gauchos, omgosh, they were so bad... also I don't think any garment that hits mid-calf looks good on me, including capris and dresses.  Go knee length or ankle length!

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with all the replies! it's too funny! but let's move upwards. what about offending tops.
someone PLEASE teach me how to quote! I'm using an iPhone. can it be done?
Respected Contributor

Leggings look terrible on the majority of women who wear them.

Trusted Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:
I totally agree with all the replies! it's too funny! but let's move upwards. what about offending tops.
someone PLEASE teach me how to quote! I'm using an iPhone. can it be done?

Can't think of a top, but I've never meet a Prairie Dress that I thought looked good!

Contributor

My pet peeve has to be women who wear tight bottoms like leggings or skinny jeans and then wear a tight, too short top and their spare tires are showing and because the leggings are tight and pulling across their fannies and fronts....you see the camel nose.  If you wear tight bottoms/wear a long, looser top to make it work people.   Oh yes, and I hate sweatshirts on women with embroidered bunnies or deers or frolicking lambs.   lol