Honored Contributor

Re: what kind of accessories do you wear?

@cherry wrote:

@SahmIam  You and I are opposite sides of the same coin. If I am not careful , the accessories wear me, and that is a very bad look

@cherry  Lol, believe it or not, I can get "overdone" easily because of my height. I already stand out due to it; add heels and now I'm taller than most men (heels make me 6'4 plus. NOW add in accessories and WHOA....need to back up and remove something!

I know EXACTLY what you mean!! : )   It's a fine balance for most of us, I think.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm tall and curvy (currently trying to become less curvy....LOL).  I tend to wear jewelery that is in the middle.....not big and bold but not too dainty either.  I tend to get lazy and grab the same jewelery pieces to wear everyday (necklace, earrings, watch, earrings & rings) but am trying to add a few more pieces to help me mix it up a little more.  I'm just not a scarf person nor am I into layering.  I don't mind a layered look but I feel it adds bulkiness which is something I don't need.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I am more of a statement jewelry person.  I have a couple of dainty necklaces, one being the diamond from my mom's engagement ring, that I wear if I'm dressed more casually for running errands, etc.  I rarely if ever wear scarves.  I love them on others but they bug me.

I never leave the house without earrings and my watch and I typically wear bracelets on the wrist with my watch and either a bold bracelet or several bracelets on my right wrist.  I am a total hoop girl.  I have some smaller hoops for more casual and then every size in between including bold hoops.

Some of my favorite outfits are a plain top, plain bottom and bold statement jewelry.

I don't wear rings, not even my wedding rings.           

Honored Contributor

I don't believe a woman's size or build should factor into what accessories she wears.  I understand that some people do.  The women I know wear the styles of jewelry, scarves, bags that they love.  We wear our accessories to please ourselves.  I'm 5'3" and a size 14/16.  I've been much larger but I have always preferred big, bold pieces.  Big jewelry, big bags, statement scarves and ruanas.  I have a good friend who is 6" tall with broad shoulders and she prefers small, understated, delicate pieces.  Women today don't over think such things, we just go with our hearts.  

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I'm tall and curvy (currently trying to become less curvy....LOL).  I tend to wear jewelery that is in the middle.....not big and bold but not too dainty either.  I tend to get lazy and grab the same jewelery pieces to wear everyday (necklace, earrings, watch, earrings & rings) but am trying to add a few more pieces to help me mix it up a little more.  I'm just not a scarf person nor am I into layering.  I don't mind a layered look but I feel it adds bulkiness which is something I don't need.  

You sound just like me, except I am very short (5' 1/2") I NEVER wear leather fashion boots as they make my stubs called legs look even shorter and heavier.  NEVER leave the house without some type of earring.  Always wear my wedding set and watch with several chain bracelets on my watch.  NEVER wear scarves as they overwhelm my frame.  Necklaces have to be over 20" as my neck is pretty thick, think linebacker!!  NEVER wear turtlenecks either.  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I'm simple & basic...jewelry consists of earrings, watch, sometimes 1 bracelet, 2 rings only when going out, occasionally a necklace, but nothing too gaudy. Very plain purse/shoes.

I LOVE jewelry, but feel very self conscious with too much. I also love scarves, but very self conscious with them, I have several that have never been worn,lol. 

Honored Contributor

It depends on what I'm wearing and where I'm going.  For me, accessories are like the icing on the cake.

Scarves are my most important accessory.  I have boxes and boxes of scarves.  I almost always wear a scarf.  

This year I decided to add some crochet lace "waterfall" vests in place of scarves for some outfits.  I found the perfect pattern and have made about a half dozen of them in various colors and yarns.  Even if only jeans and a turtleneck - vest adds a lot to the outfit.  

Then .... the usual earrings, watch, rings and bracelet(s).  And shoes to coordinate with outfit.  Coordinating handbag.

I spend a lot of time on accessories.  An accessory can be the piece that "unites" the various pieces of clothing that makes my "look."  

Respected Contributor

If it is a dressy occassion I wear my best jewerly, earrings, necklace, tennis braclet, watch, two rings.  If i am going casual, I wear a watch, copper braclets, and maybe earrings. On occassion I will add an infinity scarf. Not to much when running errands, volunteering,etc., a watch and earrings is about it.  I'm 5'6 1/2" and curvy. 

Trusted Contributor

I wear all accessories except scarves!

For every day casual it is my wedding ring of course, a casual watch with a leather strap and I have 2 necklaces on 24 inch chains that I can just slip over my head..one in silver and one in gold depending on what I am wearing!  I have 3 large leather handbags that I alternate to coordinate with what I am wearing! 

For dressy occasions I wear my better jewelry which consists of a few diamonds, some pearls and some turquoise!  

When dressed up I love a small leather handbag with a long strap!!  

Thats me!!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I love to put prints together, and a scarf over a blouse is perfect for that.

I always wear simple hoops or a very small earring if I have on an artisan necklace.  If I wear my handmade earings that are about two inches long, I won't wear a necklace.

I wear a watch and my wedding set on my left arm and hand and several bracelets and a ring on the right arm and hand.  I love Hagit's jewelry, but I don't generally wear pearls.

Being an hourglass, I generally have on a belt.

I wear too much color to have a very detailed handbag.

I have a bag for work and when I do other things, I love the beautiful leather that HOBO does and a leather clutch for going out on occasions.

They have beautiful leathers that reminds me of kid.

HOBO Friar.

Love the look of Brahmin, but I can't take the weight of the mid size bags.  I did find a large black Brahmin clutch recently at an upscale consignment.  Great with everything, especially a blazer, white shirt, jeans and boots!