Respected Contributor

I am always confused by this phrase  Is it strapping your feet into painful shoes?  Being attractive to men?  Is it tight clothing?  What?

Honored Contributor

Re: what is "giving up" to you?

Since it's obvious your post is sarcastic I won't bother giving you a real answer. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

It is aterm some women use to demean a woman who has confidence and a strong self esteem where she does not wear things for others approval but only for herself.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I can't say.  Those two words are not in my vocabulary!

Valued Contributor

I think it means when a woman loses in interest in her appearance. Maybe she no longer wears make up, stops dying her hair or just cuts it short in a simple style, or wears clothes that are comfortable and not really stylish.  Not placing a judgment on these things because I don't suffer for beauty and I don't wear painful clothes or shoes just because they are stylish.  I do try to combine style and comfort.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I am always confused by this phrase  Is it strapping your feet into painful shoes?  Being attractive to men?  Is it tight clothing?  What?

I think it's wise to give up the ghost when it doesn't serve you any longer and I think you could apply that in any situation. I have observed people go through heck when they just could not let go of something or some one.

Trusted Contributor

To no longer stand up for the person you are because it's "easier". My stupider, much younger self did this to my first husband and I regret it to this day when thinking back upon it.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@toria wrote:

I think it means when a woman loses in interest in her appearance. Maybe she no longer wears make up, stops dying her hair or just cuts it short in a simple style, or wears clothes that are comfortable and not really stylish.  Not placing a judgment on these things because I don't suffer for beauty and I don't wear painful clothes or shoes just because they are stylish.  I do try to combine style and comfort.

WHY is another woman's hair color or makeup or dress important to you? What makes you think you have a right to make choices for someone else?

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

@traveler

I think it's related to the phrase "trying too hard."  Just another snide remark, another put-down.  They use that on QVC frequently