Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: what french women are/are not wearing this fall

I like the cardigans.  The lace up boots not for me.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I love the coats, beautiful.. I like alot of what was shown.

Honored Contributor

Very interesting.  I have never been a fan of any of the things we are urged to skip.  Although I'm not sure if ripped jeans fall under the "grunge" category, and I do like ripped/distressed jeans.

I liked just about all of the fashions shown.

Honored Contributor

I'm not into the fashions of the French but unknowlingly I guess I've been following their dresscode all along. Love the fashions mentioned in this article!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I don't see anything surprising; I just see the classics that everyone who favors classics wears every year.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday Classic/with and without a twist will always be in style.  It seems to transcend international boundaries.  Thanks for the share.

Trusted Contributor

My sister and her husband are college professors in PA. They have been travelling to France for many years. They even speak fluent French. They embrace French fashion sense. It is a beautiful thing. When I visit them, I marvel at their clothing, especially all of the substantial wool! I'm a Florida girl, so it is vastly different from what I wear.

For summer wear, my sister pretty much sticks with Brooks Brothers cotton dresses. She has a vast collection of French and Belgian shoes. Don't even get me started on the scarf collection!

While I greatly admire the French fashion ethic, for the most part it does not fit into my lifestyle. It is, however, something I keep tucked away in my mind.

I have acquired a couple of Brooks Brothers cotton sateen shirtwaist dresses. Oh, how I love them!

Honored Contributor

I don't care what the French are wearing either. 

I really don't care what anyone is wearing.

I wear what I like. What I find comfy. I don't care if it's in style or not. I hate shopping for clothes.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy reading and learning about what women in the European countries are wearing - but nothing surprising here.  Interesting that the brands shown are Ferragamo, Khaite, and some other really pricey stuff - French women can't all be rich can they?

A lot of the don't 's don't fit into my lifestyle anymore.  Leather pants are really impractical unless you get a black pair and never ever have them cleaned.  Once their dry-cleaned they are never the same.  And they can bag out and be saggy in the rear area after a few wearings.  Was hard to tell what season they were focusing on - coats for winter or florals for summer, but I guess it was just an overall picture of what the French sense of style is.  All the models looked nicely dressed.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing