Honored Contributor

went to our local shopping center yesterday to  go to the bank, HBA place,

some of the stores are opening, went in, bought a pair of pants

it was busy people were out and buying

so nice to be able to do that , restaurants open for outdoor dining 

Honored Contributor

Re: went to a clothing store!

Unfortunately, my days on shopping in stores is over except for grocery and Target.  Ever since my hip surgery I am not the same walking.  I use to love at Christmas to go to our upscale outside mall and run from Neiman Marcus to I. Magnin to Marshall Fields and stop for a light snack at the restaurant.  The outdoor have lots of trees up with Christmas lights and decos and it was truly festive.  

I am glad you enjoyed yourself.  It has been a long wait.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear   My mall had an interesting and unsatisfactory take on Covid shopping..."touchless shopping". What?!?! An associate has to help you take down a sweater, throw pillow, etc. if you're interested in seeing it. They followed you through several stores, allowing in a limited number of shoppers at a time. The sign on the door said MASKS REQUIRED, but no one enforced it.

I stayed at the mall only a short time and will continue purchasing online whenever possible.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear   My mall had an interesting and unsatisfactory take on Covid shopping..."touchless shopping". What?!?! An associate has to help you take down a sweater, throw pillow, etc. if you're interested in seeing it. They followed you through several stores, allowing in a limited number of shoppers at a time...the sign on the door said MASKS ONLY REQUIRED, but no one enforced it.

I stayed at the mall only a short time and will continue purchasing online whenever possible.

in new jersey, it's is masks everywhere, 

per state order, everyone complies,

we went thru hell and know it 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear   My mall had an interesting and unsatisfactory take on Covid shopping..."touchless shopping". What?!?! An associate has to help you take down a sweater, throw pillow, etc. if you're interested in seeing it. They followed you through several stores, allowing in a limited number of shoppers at a time. The sign on the door said MASKS REQUIRED, but no one enforced it.

you don't need to say your state if you don't want but where are you ?

Respected Contributor

I went to Banana Republic yesterday and tried on clothes, bought two tops and a beautiful dress on great sale.  It was a wonderful experience and I felt so free and normal.  It was nice to chat with sales people, they were all in great spirits.  I will be shopping again soon.  I like the instant gratification vs online shopping when you sit and wait and wait for it to come.

Trusted Contributor

what's a clothing store?Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

you don't need to say your state if you don't want but where are you ?

@jackthebear   I'm in NC. 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I went to Banana Republic yesterday and tried on clothes, bought two tops and a beautiful dress on great sale.  It was a wonderful experience and I felt so free and normal.  It was nice to chat with sales people, they were all in great spirits.  I will be shopping again soon.  I like the instant gratification vs online shopping when you sit and wait and wait for it to come.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.  I am hoping people had their masks on?

Honored Contributor

Most stores here that sell clothes and have reopened have closed their dressing rooms. You can't try clothes on in the store but may return them whereupon the clothes are quarantined. I think it's because the stores don't want to take on sanitizing the dressing rooms after each customer. And I don't blame them.