Respected Contributor

My experience with these dryer balls is a waste of time & $. They do absolutely nothing.

Call Barefoot dreams. They say NO fabric softner & that includes dryer sheets.

Regular Contributor

I don't know about dryer balls actually softening but I do know that if I dry just a few items they don't fluff good & will come out wrinkled, so I can see that balls would help.  And I have used tennis balls in the commercial dryer when I dry my down comforter.

Honored Contributor

via the barefoot dreams website:

CARE + CLEANING

Please lovingly care for your Barefoot Dreams product to retain the softness. Barefoot Dreams is machine washable. However, our fabrics do not like heat and we recommend a cool wash on the delicate cycle and gentle/air fluff in the dryer for a minimum time only. Do not use dryer sheets or a fabric softener. We suggest storing all robes and hoodies flat rather than hanging which will make them stretch.

ALL OF OUR ITEMS ARE MACHINE WASHABLE AND DRYABLE

• We recommend washing on a delicate cycle in cold water with a gentle detergent (no fabric softener).
  • Tumble dry on your lowest dryer setting with low heat (no dryer sheets).
  • Air fluff or flat dry is also recommended.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Smiley LOL When all else fails, read the instructions! LOL!

Thanks for posting that information.

Respected Contributor

No fabric softener.  I wash mine on the delicate cycle with cold water.  I place them in the dryer on delicate for about 2-3 minutes only and then hang to dry the rest of the way.  They are all still fluffy and soft. I love my Barefoot Dreams items.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LUVNLIFE wrote:

I don't use fabric softener at all. Only dryer sheets and my BD cardigans are yrs. old and still like new.

@LUVNLIFE.   Dryer sheets are impregnated with fabric softener.  No difference than using the liquid.

@Kachina624- There can definitely be a difference in the outcome- liquid can leave spots on clothing if not dispensed or rinsed thoroughly. I have never heard of a problem with a dryer sheet or experienced one. That was my point, sorry I didn't communicate that better.