Regular Contributor

The tag says wash gentle cycle - tumble dry low - doesn't say anything about using fabric softener.  I know cuddl duds & some other fleece items say no softener but I'm thinking it's ok for barefoot dreams.  Yes or no?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: washing Barefoot Dreams

[ Edited ]

No

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2penny, during presentations they say to not use fabric softener.  I’ve washed mine without and they come out as soft as when I bought them.  We have really hard water here.

ETA: corrected typos

Valued Contributor

I don't use fabric softener at all. Only dryer sheets and my BD cardigans are yrs. old and still like new.

Honored Contributor

@2penny The vendor specifically says no fabric softener, and I have heard the hosts from time to time say that no fabric softener refers to none in the washing machine and no dryer sheets. 

I own at least 15 Barefoot Dreams articles and have never used fabric softener in either the washer or the dryer. They come out wonderfully by putting them in the dryer on the lowest level of heat or drying them on a rack or clothes line, which I do in the spring and fall.

Honored Contributor

I've had fantastic success fluffing microfleece pieces using the rubber dryer balls with the nubs on them.  I intend to use them when I dry my BFD.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LUVNLIFE wrote:

I don't use fabric softener at all. Only dryer sheets and my BD cardigans are yrs. old and still like new.

@LUVNLIFE.   Dryer sheets are impregnated with fabric softener.  No difference than using the liquid.

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've had fantastic success fluffing microfleece pieces using the rubber dryer balls with the nubs on them.  I intend to use them when I dry my BFD.

@Kachina624  Where to you get those rubber dryer balls.  I've only heard of wool ones.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2penny.   Seems like maybe I got them at Walmart or maybe Amazon.

Just checked...Walmart doesn't have them but Amazon does.  Search "dryer balls".

Honored Contributor

It's 100% polyester.  I'm surprised the care tag doesn't give some instructions on this.