Honored Contributor

Re: update on my turn the hanger experiment

@chrystaltree wrote:

I've heard of that method, I can see how it would work.  I've always had a lot of clothes and years ago,  I copied my sister's method for wearing the things I own.  I plan my outfits a week to ten days in advance.  I keep a notebook.  I plan my daily outfits from my top to my shoes to my handbag to my coat or jacket.  I even layout my jewelry for the week.  Sundays, I put all the pieces to my oufits on the same hanger.  I switch out my handbag on Sundays, but generally carry the same bag for 2 weeks.  It takes some effort but it makes getting dressed a breeze, grab and go.  And I wear the things I paid for.

@chrystaltree,A calendar would be easy too.  That way you can see everything.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I've heard of that method, I can see how it would work.  I've always had a lot of clothes and years ago,  I copied my sister's method for wearing the things I own.  I plan my outfits a week to ten days in advance.  I keep a notebook.  I plan my daily outfits from my top to my shoes to my handbag to my coat or jacket.  I even layout my jewelry for the week.  Sundays, I put all the pieces to my oufits on the same hanger.  I switch out my handbag on Sundays, but generally carry the same bag for 2 weeks.  It takes some effort but it makes getting dressed a breeze, grab and go.  And I wear the things I paid for.

@chrystaltree,A calendar would be easy too.  That way you can see everything.

So true!!!   Thanks...   

Trusted Contributor

I read that you turn ALL your hangers backwards and only turn them around when you have actually worn the garment.  It's a good visual either way you do it.  I think we all have our favorites clothing items that we wear and wear and wear.  I know I have several pairs of slacks and jeans that I did not wear all fall/winter/spring.  

I also keep track of what I wear.  I write it in my planner.  Since I am retired, it what I wear to meetings (some monthly, some weekly) and also what I wear when I observe student teachers in their classrooms for my part time job.  I like knowing that I have repeated outfits too often.