Respected Contributor

Even Denim and CO. prices keep going up up up!  

Valued Contributor

I used to buy Denim & Co jeans and shirts, but I won't pay $40.00 for a t-shirt and $50.00 plus for jeans. It's work clothes, not on the town clothes.

I buy my jeans and shirts now at Farm & Fleet. Once they decided work outfits were supposed to have embroydery and sparkles, I was done. I don't need those extras for pulling weeds out of the garden. 

And now that they have added ragged hems and holey legs on the jeans, I can drag some old pants out of the rag bin and wear them again. Actually, I won't, I'm not going to look like a bag lady even at my own home. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I agree.  I have really cut back at buying clothes from QVC.  There are a few items I really like that I can't find elsewhere (D&C pants, capris and crops) and I continue to buy from QVC; but otherwise I only buy it if it's something I truly love; otherwise, it's getting too expensive for me and I shop elsewhere.

A pefect example is a D&C tee-shirt.  Including S&H it can come close to $40!  I can buy something of similar quality at the local stores for 1/2 the price.

Respected Contributor

i am in complete agreement with you ladies!  i would never spend $40.00 for a tee shirt.  and $50 or $60 for a susan graver top?  you've got to be kidding.  i have been really happy with some jeggings and also some capris that i have from D & C, but i fully expect that in the spring when i try to order some fresh ones, that the price will be prohibitive.  

Honored Contributor

I'm doing more thinking along the lines of "make it do".

Esteemed Contributor

Prices are going up everywhere.  I started with the Q on day one and have seen a considerable increase in pricing, but I see the same thing no matter where I go.  While I don't purchase as many clothing items as I did when I was working, I have always been pleased with the quality of my clothing purchases at QVC and have always received compliments on my clothes.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Does anyone know of anything that has gone down, down, down in price over the years?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree

Actually - yes.  My first PC (desk top) cost over $1200 and didn't do half as much as my current laptop which was less than $400, and it takes up next to no room on my desk.

--------------

@chrystaltree wrote:

Does anyone know of anything that has gone down, down, down in price over the years?

Honored Contributor

My husband says printers have gone down in price.

Oh yesterday, gas was down. @chrystaltree

Honored Contributor

Wow, I guess I belong to the wrong club! You all feel $40 for a top and $50 for jeans is exorbitant in cost?? Really? That's CHEAP! When I was younger, I shopped more inexpensive, but now that I'm retired I prefer finer clothing and won't hesitate spending a bit more so it'll last longer in my wardrobe. You get what you pay for remember. 

"Pure Michigan"