Honored Contributor

From Altuzarra-$2,995

Head-turning coats are an integral part of Altuzarra's AW17 collection, inspired by Shakespeare’s immortal quote fromMacbeth, ‘look like th’ innocent flower, but be the serpent under ’t.’ This cream woven-wool Bellasio style is tailored to a double-breasted silhouette, and finished with black velvet piped edges and coordinating buttons. Let it command attention over slick black separates. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

What a stunning coat.  I'd like it even more if it were red with black trim and buttons. (since the first one I had as a little girl, I have had a thing about red and black coats)

Honored Contributor

Re: $tunning Coat!

[ Edited ]

Love that coat!

Years ago, when I was living in SF Bay Area I had a winter whiite coat similar to that style, and matching pants.  Great for CA ... but white wool coat and pants in NYC doesn't work.

Now back in NYC ... about 1995 or so, I was standing on the corner waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street.  I taxicab came flying by hoping to make the light ... hit the curbside puddle of slushy water from the previous day's snowfall ... and I was splattered!  Ruined the coat and pants.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So that's why nycers wear dark clothes all winter!

Esteemed Contributor

GORGEOUS!!

I always manage to swipe my car with the side of my coats and get them dirty though.......LOL

Respected Contributor

Such a beautiful coat!  But alas, at $2995....heck, $299 is not even in my budget for a coat, so there is no way!!  And the mix of my clutzy self with a white coat...just asking for trouble.

But I do think it is gorgeous!!!  It doesn't cost anything to look!

Trusted Contributor

It's a classic, but I would never wear a white or off-white coat. Too hard for this klutz to keep clean.

Honored Contributor

Pretty coat.  I'm assuming once I have the $3000 I need for that coat, there's more in the wallet so I can also buy something else to wear when this one is at the cleaning plant! 

Respected Contributor

this is definitely a Princess Kate coat.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Love that coat!

Years ago, when I was living in SF Bay Area I had a winter whiite coat similar to that style, and matching pants.  Great for CA ... but white wool coat and pants in NYC doesn't work.

Now back in NYC ... about 1995 or so, I was standing on the corner waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street.  I taxicab came flying by hoping to make the light ... hit the curbside puddle of slushy water from the previous day's snowfall ... and I was splattered!  Ruined the coat and pants.

@ALRATIBA  Those of us who live in a true winter climate and in the city have probably experienced the "splash syndrome". 😡  Because I usually wear "commuter" shoes or sensible boots out in the elements I have a hard time keeping the bottom of my trousers free of salt/slush stains.