Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue  Exactly my thought.  And I'll add, holy cow an employee who knows they're sick and KEEPING IT AT HOME so as to NOT AFFECT EVERYONE else in their workplace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCH a pet peeve of mine - people who refuse to stay home when they are sick.  People who think they are that indispensable that they cannot call off and STAY HOME WHEN THEY ARE SICK.

Contributor
You're the most contagious when you first get sick as Shawn was Monday...Tuesday.. Etc...THATS when she should've stayed home
Honored Contributor

@madamemarie  Yes I was also going to say the same thing.  She already has infected folks at her work place.  And I'll bet she's feeling better by now, end of the week.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn is the queen of excuses - nobody gets more days off.

Honored Contributor

Well  to all of the people who think SK is on air too often...this friday is for you

Respected Contributor

We don't know all the circumstances.  Maybe she could not get the time off when she first became ill, or maybe she felt OK at the start of the day but it got worse later on.  Or maybe they could not get a fill-in for her in time.  I know where I work, and I'm not suggesting QVC is like this, but it is frowned upon and counted against you if you take sick days,  We have to have our sick time "protected" with a doctor's excuse and our medical still has to approve it, and it has to be that you're out at least three days. 

I think the big issue here is, again, it's the non-Shawn posters that just like to dredge these things up.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I was shocked when I tuned in whatever day it was that she had basically no voice.  My first thought was that she had to be miserable being there and it was uncomfortable for me to even watch her.  I'm not sure why TPTB even let her on air with the voice she had, or lack thereof. 

Respected Contributor

Mondays are Shawn's big days.  Staying home today and laying low over the weekend should help her be ready for her signature shows.

At least that is what I would say to her if she worked for me...

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to have missed Isaac this afternoon, especially if he was on with Gabrielle.

Respected Contributor

You can have laryngitis and not be "sick" as in something contagious. I didn't hear her coughing all over the place. Maybe she started feeling worse as the week went on and knew she was coming down with something. 

I had laryngitis one time for almost a month and was never sick.