Esteemed Contributor

I like Carolyn and how she presents items. I find her refreshing and down to earth and think that she mentions her family members to reference age, size ,etc for the range in the different clothing items that she presents. She is one of the few hosts that gives the information about what she is presenting before they run out of time. Great Host.

Respected Contributor
Carolyn is one of the few hosts who gives us full information on the clothes and also always tells us sizes models are wearing. A lot of the other hosts spend their time trying to be cutsey and it is all about them - especially if they have a male designer with them. I do not mind what they talk about if they actually give us full information and sizes on the clothes - not many of them do. Carolyn does.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that Carolyn is a very good host giving all info., details, even going to suggest tops & bottoms that would look good. She gives much more info. than most all other hosts. IMO, Carolyn is the most professional host the Q has, and I would guess her sales show this. Not only fashion, but Carolyn is versatile, and I can't think of one product she cannot sell and sell well. The Q found a gold mine in Carolyn & I'm sure they know it. She makes bundles for them.

She has a very good selling technique. No hard sell. She just tells what she has and why she likes it. That's her way of selling. My sense is Carolyn buys a whole lot from the Q. And the items she says she has are suitable to her and her lifestyle. It's a stretch to think she has everything and so much of one thing. Whatever, it's her schtick. Customers have a lot of confidence in her, so whatever, she does a good job. And nobody knows for sure!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I noticed Carolyn saying that a lot. Now, while on the air, they all yell out to the producer to order them a pair of this or that!!!!! Do they really think we are that ignorant?

Respected Contributor
On 8/19/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 8/19/2014 luvpoos said:
On 8/19/2014 gazelle77 said:

It is all about Carolyn... her hair, her pets, her stuff. <em>HER.....</em> That is all she thinks about.

I disagree, sorry. I think she is a great host, very down to earth regardless of her new hair cut or not. I do like it though.

LOL!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I think everyone KNOWS about the hair cut by now... probably the world.

You must watch 24/7. Today was the first time I saw her new doo. Looks nice. One thing I have notice on these boards is that most of your remarks are on the negative side. Lighten up a little.

Valued Contributor
Carolyn's hair looks so cute, love it!
Honored Contributor

That ""I own this in blue"" and ""I bought this for my mother"" is something that show hosts who can't think of anything else to say fall back on. They have to keep talking; they can't take a minute to think about what they want to say. And QVC thinks we are adore the hosts and if a host says she owns something; we want it too.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Carolyn is pretty much the best host QVC has for all the positive reasons people have stated here. She seems very genuine to me, comfortable with who she is, and based on where she lives, her animals, her lifestyle, etc., I have no doubt that when she says she owns a piece of Denim & Co, she does. And if she says she bought something for her mother, I feel sure she did. I don't think she comes across at all as someone who would say something like that just to "fill time". She never acts in any way as a "phony", as some do. But that's just my opinion. And I think most of us here are grown women and buy what we need or like, not because a host says they own it...that makes no difference to me whatever.

Denim & co apparently fits her lifestyle, so if she can afford it (and I daresay she can), why shouldn't she? She seems to have a very active life, and probably needs more clothes than some of us on the boards who have retired and are not as socially active as we once were. I should be so lucky.....

Edited to add: I don't have her lifestyle, but I often buy multiples of something if it fits well, I really like the style, and want several colors. Why wouldn't she?

Honored Contributor

I think Carolyn knows how to sell product and gives the right info for me as the consumer to decide on an item. I appreciate that she gives equal time to the petite model and does not fawn all over the 5ft. 10 models like other hosts and designers do. Yes, she does like to share, but so what, just pretend she's a relative you would never insult.

Respected Contributor
On 8/19/2014 baker said:

I think Carolyn knows how to sell product and gives the right info for me as the consumer to decide on an item. I appreciate that she gives equal time to the petite model and does not fawn all over the 5ft. 10 models like other hosts and designers do. Yes, she does like to share, but so what, just pretend she's a relative you would never insult.

Excellent post. I think Carolyn is very genuine and relatable and I enjoy her presentations for that reason. She covers all of the details and pays attention to the models to let us know what sizes they are wearing. I don't think her talking about what she owns and wears is the kind of sales pitch that we hear from other hosts. I think the fashions she says she owns fit her lifestyle and I am not skeptical when she says she owns and wears them. She is one of the most enjoyable hosts on QVC IMO. I really don't understand why some people feel the need to criticize her when there are numerous hosts that deserve the criticizm much more than she does. Wish the Q had more hosts like her.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama