Respected Contributor

today's bonus buy-joan rivers

i really love this topper, perfect length and weight. i wish they would do this silhouette, in solid colors. (and lower the price).

Respected Contributor

Re: today's bonus buy-joan rivers

@10sluvr wrote:

i really love this topper, perfect length and weight. i wish they would do this silhouette, in solid colors. (and lower the price).

@10sluvr 

What is the item number?

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 

Joan Rivers Buffalo Check Shacket with Fleece Lining - QVC.com

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Nice!  Nice plaid, color, and length.

Perfect!   Thanks for the photo!

And have a nice, peaceful week.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

At first glance it looks very cute but I noticed that the finishing inside the jacket for the pockets are the kind that hang loose but are tacked down in a couple places.  Sometimes you get a glimpse of it when the jacket is open and I don’t like that feature. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic 

I agree with you on the floppy pockets.  They will eventually drag down the front of the jacket if you put anything heavy or bulgy in the pockets.

And - JR's tops are generally cut narrow acoss the shoulders (similar to IM's sizing).  If you have wider shoulders - JR and IM just don't fit properly.

Plus - on these jackets, the plaid isn't even ... it may match horizontally, but the vertical stripes aren't evenly placed.  

-------------------------------------------------

@itsmagic wrote:

At first glance it looks very cute but I noticed that the finishing inside the jacket for the pockets are the kind that hang loose but are tacked down in a couple places.  Sometimes you get a glimpse of it when the jacket is open and I don’t like that feature. 

Respected Contributor

Joan's fashions look so nice but for me they are pricey mostly because I am retired and don't have the need for so many "nice" clothes.  One of these days I may splurge and get one of her denim or flannel tops....

Respected Contributor

if the fleece lining is bonded to the check fabric, fully stitching down the pockets would show the stitching on the exterior of the coat. I think that would ruin the look. Tacking down the pockets is a better way to go for a good appearance. JMO

@itsmagic wrote: