Honored Contributor

Re: the Queen in turquoise today

@ms traditional wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Beautiful!

I notice she's sitting alone?

@Bri369 she's alone.  Harry is in country. too bad he isn't with her.

She's got a whole lot of relatives besides Harry and I think after all the trouble and heartache he was given her; he's the last person she wants to see right now.  She has children and grandchildren, she's not alone.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't her husband the Prince not go out much now?

I thought he wasn't well?  Sorry, I don't follow the Royals as much as others.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

Doesn't her husband the Prince not go out much now?

I thought he wasn't well?  Sorry, I don't follow the Royals as much as others.

@LindaSal the Duke of Edinburgh has had his health issues being age 98 - and usually stays up at Woods Farm  on Sandringham Estate.  perhaps he'll be down later on in the week.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mz iMac    She has "people" who run mundane errands like taking dogs to vet.

@Kachina624  Of course she does.  While she's in church, her "people" will drive the dogs to the vet.  After church the car & the dogs will be waiting for the Queen.  I can picture the scene.  As the Queen exits the church, the dogs are happily barking upon seeing their "Mommy Queen." Smiley Tongue 

There must be a reason why she picked the car w/the dog barrier.  The vet does not make palace calls on Sundays.Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have the feeling the Queen loves dogs but is not so obsessed with them that she can't leave the palace without them, or without some relatives in tow.

The Queen is pretty able to function on her own still I believe, although she always has drivers, security people and aids along.  I think the Queen is still up and at 'em and running the show.  

Respected Contributor

This to me looks like a dog guard which are very common in U.K. they snap in or out then you can keep dogs from sitting in front of vehicle.  We have one in our car at home but can, if we want, take it out though we very rarely do.

I guess if she uses this car in the country then she totes her dogs around.

It could also be some new form of protection but a looks like dog guard to me!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have the feeling the Queen loves dogs but is not so obsessed with them that she can't leave the palace without them, or without some relatives in tow.

The Queen is pretty able to function on her own still I believe, although she always has drivers, security people and aids along.  I think the Queen is still up and at 'em and running the show.  

@Sooner i think she has proved she is still in command of late - although i think she does more and more in consultation with Princes Charles and William (and Prince Philip too, i imagine).  i am glad she has plenty of people to help her with the mundane so she can keep her focus sharp on things that require judgment.

Honored Contributor

Oh, that queen.  I was trying to figure out if OP meant Oprah or whoever.  

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional  The Queen looks lovely.Thank you for posting.

Honored Contributor

She sets a great example when carrying out all her duties. Doesn't seem like a complainer. One tough cookie.